Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
A thread with flame: why nitro rc offroad is not Olympics sport? >

A thread with flame: why nitro rc offroad is not Olympics sport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A thread with flame: why nitro rc offroad is not Olympics sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default A thread with flame: why nitro rc offroad is not Olympics sport?

What is criteria for certain sport to become Olympics?
Lets take for example shooting. How many ppl you know who take part in any olympic-included sort of shooting? And how many spectators are present during competition? Maybe shooting is not correct example because of history roots etc.
So lets take curling. Of course it's more fun for spectators than shooting, but how many sportsmans outside olympic teams are present? Current hype around curling is just because of women teams
What is a reason making rc offroad racing impossible to apply as olympics sport? There is already a lot of technical sports in winter and summe Olympic games, these squealing and jumping small cars can be very enthralling for unbiased spectator (not less than any archery) and there are already some sports with wheels in summer olympics So, why not?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most, if not all, Olympic sports tend to require a fair amount of physical exertion. Even the curling teams have people sweeping like crazy!

The RC crowd, in general, doesn't strike me as the "I run 2 miles a day for fun" crowd...
Old 05-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Hum turnmarshalling could be a olympic sport thats about the only phyical thing we do lol. But focus and timing of offroad rc is a mental thing .

But than again why is golf and poker a sport and on tv lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hookem34
Most, if not all, Olympic sports tend to require a fair amount of physical exertion. Even the curling teams have people sweeping like crazy!

The RC crowd, in general, doesn't strike me as the "I run 2 miles a day for fun" crowd...
Yes, but airsoft (or whatever it called) shooting is not far away from rc racing in such terms.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Maybe lifting the pit bag from the back of the car could be a division of weightlifting? Lol

Seriously though, technically rc racing is a motor sport and I am yet to see a single Olympics that has a motor sport category in it. The whole point of the Olympics is to show off physical prowess.

It would be awesome to see rc racing involved in motorsport events though, like a sideshow sort of thing.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Hum turnmarshalling could be a olympic sport thats about the only phyical thing we do lol. But focus and timing of offroad rc is a mental thing .

But than again why is golf and poker a sport and on tv lol.
Golf is most definitely a physical sport. Walk 36 holes while carrying your clubs on a hot Texas summer day....

Being on TV and being considered an Olympic sport are two completely different things. I would love to see RC racing back on SPEED or any other TV/cable network.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Golf is most definitely a physical sport. Walk 36 holes while carrying your clubs on a hot Texas summer day....

Being on TV and being considered an Olympic sport are two completely different things. I would love to see RC racing back on SPEED or any other TV/cable network.

Sorry man you cant convice me on the golf thing especially the walking to the holes and clubs lol. If thats what you think thats fine , i can carry something pretty heavy on a hot day and it be physical. Or turnmarshalling on a super hot day for doing it its pretty phyical especially with not so good drivers.

But yes for sure i would love for rc offroad racing to be on tv local club racing and the big ones.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

x-games.......maybe....i could see some sort of extreme jumping or trick contest....1/8 scales on a mx track???? if they can be shown to get big air time it might be a hit
Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Sorry man you cant convice me on the golf thing especially the walking to the holes and clubs lol. If thats what you think thats fine , i can carry something pretty heavy on a hot day and it be physical. Or turnmarshalling on a super hot day for doing it its pretty phyical especially with not so good drivers.

But yes for sure i would love for rc offroad racing to be on tv local club racing and the big ones.
That's because you have never done it and don't have a clue what your talking
about.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Flame on..: this is the dumbest thread in an RC forum I have ever seen. It's not even winter for godsake...
Old 05-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Skeet shooting?
Old 05-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Dodging RC cars while marshaling can be quite a workout. You definitely have to use your head or you will take one in the head
Old 05-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm sure the likes of f1 or something would make it in first, at least that requires some physical exertion, also a lot more interesting to watch than an rc equivalent.

Also how often do you see a pro golfer carry his bag, or even walk to a hole.

Last edited by Rileyb1; 05-07-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Rileyb1
I'm sure the likes of f1 or something would make it in first, at least that requires some physical exertion, also a lot more interesting to watch than an rc equivalent.

Also how often do you see a pro golfer carry his bag, or even walk to a hole.
I'm sorry but pro golfers walk to every shot on every hole for four days at a time. Uphill downhill side hill bunkers rough. It is not allowed to ride a golf cart in any professional PGA tournament.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Rookie

I stand corrected, watching golfs not my thing.

I'd rather watch the gold medal match of thumb wrestling, or hot dog eating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.