Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will
can one of you post a picture of the diff showing how the bearings are?
Hey will. I am going to be building another kit this weekend. I will take a couple pictures for you.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Here you go will. I really like these diffs and this is a great idea. http://s194.photobucket.com/user/yan...tml?sort=3&o=1
Old 09-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
Pictures of the pré-production kits on Rcmag
the servosaverplate will be rather carbon, the bulkheads and the front upperarms are remoulded in the production kits

http://www.rcmag.com/modules.php?nam...highlight=soar
Just FYI. Nothing on the kit is carbon. The steering pieces that attach to the hubs is swiss aluminum. Looking at the set up page it looks like carbon will be an option.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

So should we all rush out and buy one of these or what? How is it on the track? Whos selling these in usa/canada? Im looking at that new agama too, cant decide what to do.

Has anyone run a Soar engine before?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bksrt
So should we all rush out and buy one of these or what? How is it on the track? Whos selling these in usa/canada? Im looking at that new agama too, cant decide what to do.

Has anyone run a Soar engine before?
I just finished my build and the buggy is really good for a first time buggy from a brand new company. I had plans on running it this weekend but I had to work. I have plans on going out this coming Sunday to run as much as I can. I will report after I run.

Funny that you are looking at the Agama. When I was building the kit I was thinking Agama all the way. The parts are packaged just like the Agama and the plastics are a lot like the Agama plastics. If I would guess I would say they are built in the same factory.

I really like the shocks on the Soar! Very smooth and feel like butter. I cant wait to get the buggy on the track.

At this time there is no distributer in USA/Canada. My partner and I are testing to see if we would like to be that very thing. We are going to test the buggy and see after that.

We also have 2 of the tuned engines we are going to test. The engines are OEM Alpha engines so that should give you an idea about them.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Pretty much junk then Cant wait to hear some feedback about them. They look promising. Pricing seems fair enough. What about the engine pricing? Will that be on par with Alpha?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

I am sorry to keep everyone waiting on the feedback. I was really hoping to get a lot of track time this past weekend. I have a lot of interest here locally wanting to see the buggy.

I can assure everyone that the quality is there and I am very impressed with the quality of parts. I have built Kyosho, Agama, Intech, Hot Bodies, Mugen, Xraxy, OCM, Team Magic, AE, and Losi.

The build went well, just a couple things that I feel need to be addressed. I had to dremel the front chassis brace to get it to slid under the front upper brace.
There are a couple things left out of the instruction manual, the orings on the arms, the droop screws are in the very last bag. You will build the steering system then the next page is the chassis upside down showing installing the front clip. I think if you have built a buggy in the past you will have no issues but if this is your first kit you may get a little lost.

The radio tray is so nice. Both battery and receiver boxes are big and very easy to fit stuff in. I hope the buggy is as good on the track as it is on the bench.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Muswagon
What am I missing, the front arms on the Soar are the wacky design that the TTR S2's had, and the redcats, and the Z car. The Xray front arms look like the Losi design. I don't know the terminology for either system but hopefully this makes sense.
I agree with you on that this car's front arms are wacky and they do look very similar to the TTR S2. That car would go around track and the bottom ball would literally pop out every lap. Now it was a much better car than the mirage car but still junk!!!!!my two cents maybe they are the company that made these cars for Thunder Chicken!! MJ
Old 09-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

LOL... I love the feedback from the people who have NEVER even had one of these in their hands.

You feedback is junk unless you have hands on experience with this car. Other than that you are just bench racing a car and have no clue what you are talking about
Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

According to speedy bottom arms are the same as the OCM DT-19, don't recall anyone having issues with them. Same with the xray XB8.
BTW the TTR S2 was ROAR Champ and it had bottom and upper vertical pillow balls which are hard to do right, the FG Marder does fine with them though.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
According to speedy bottom arms are the same as the OCM DT-19, don't recall anyone having issues with them. Same with the xray XB8.
BTW the TTR S2 was ROAR Champ and it had bottom and upper vertical pillow balls which are hard to do right, the FG Marder does fine with them though.
I have to agree about the TTR S2, I had one and raced it for a year. I had no issues with week lower arms or the pillow ball popping out.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

I encountered one of these Soar cars at a recent race, I think it was their official driver Daniel Bernabe, and it looked very good on the track, handled great, and the guy was very very fast.

You guys claiming some pillow ball issue, I never saw him have any issues at all, and he ran qualifiers, semi finals, and a-main and won it.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
I encountered one of these Soar cars at a recent race, I think it was their official driver Daniel Bernabe, and it looked very good on the track, handled great, and the guy was very very fast.

You guys claiming some pillow ball issue, I never saw him have any issues at all, and he ran qualifiers, semi finals, and a-main and won it.
Thank you for the report. Makes me even more excited to get the buggy on the track.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YANMAN
Thank you for the report. Makes me even more excited to get the buggy on the track.
What track are you running it at? 439, San Antonio, Temple...? Would like to see this buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.