Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
VRC PRO questions? >

VRC PRO questions?

VRC PRO questions?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

After adj the settings as mentioned it was a night day difference! Actually played for a hr and enjoyed myself lol how do i checks fps during game play?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
After adj the settings as mentioned it was a night day difference! Actually played for a hr and enjoyed myself lol how do i checks fps during game play?
in the main options menu click on "display framerate (fps) in game". You'll see the fps number in the lower right corner in orange font when racing/practicing.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Also turning off V-sync will help smoothen gameplay too.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The biggest thing that helped me was the following:

1. Laggy Steering - For me there was too much steering at the end of the turn which made the buggy feel really laggy. I was constantly trying to correct the buggy at the end of every turn. For me.....Limiting the amount of steering and slowing it down helped immediately correct this.

2. The second thing I did was limit the throttle. It was set initially to 100% and the buggy was really hard to control. I limited the throttle to 90-95% and BAM! The buggy was planted. Yeah I lose a little on the straight but it smoothed out the throttle response.

On the Pavoda track I went from 50sec laps crashing all over the place to a best lap of 36 which is pretty good as I am not that good of a driver IRL.

I think its fun and for someone who doesn't have time to get to the track for practice days (like me), I think it will help stay relatively sharp in the hand eye coordination dept.

BTW Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thx NV
Old 01-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If I change the graphics does it change it for the whole laptop or just the game? I use my wife's laptop so I can plug it into the TV but I don't want to change the graphics permanently on her laptop.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If I change the graphics does it change it for the whole laptop or just the game? I use my wife's laptop so I can plug it into the TV but I don't want to change the graphics permanently on her laptop.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

just the game James, also seemed to help using my usb 3.0 port but that may have just been my mind playing tricks on me lol....the game is actually fun to play now honestly glad Houston started this thread I was really upset with the game to be honest
Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I have been playing this GAME for a while now. Ive been using my Laptop. Just a plain ole regular Laptop with NO issues or lags. Once the update for the Buggies came out, there have been game lags. I downloaded it to my desktop with bad boy graphic cards and alot of RAM and have not had an issue. I also switched to 2 x 27inch screens.... That by itself made it better to drive..

For those that cant control the buggy, remember slow is your friend.

Remember - no matter what anyone say, THIS IS A VIDEO GAME and its performance does depend on your computer like ANY video game. This does not feel like the real thing. Neither does shooting a gun on COD compared to the real thing. Just like the real think tho - you cant OVER DRIVE......
Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

I am pulling a continuous 60+ fps in game very happy with it now.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
I am pulling a continuous 60+ fps in game very happy with it now.
Yeh I have had this for well over a year and was getting 60 fops and happy as well

But last night I changed to all the settings posted on the page before and now I get 240 fps and the game is now on a new level for me

Just suxs these tips come out after the worlds are finished again for the year as I am doing way faster and consistent times now
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I just did some tests for myself. Prior to this I wasn't completely upset but also not WOW'd. Im running VRC on a good gaming PC (Can play COD and such on max settings). Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filter don't seem to hurt FPS as much as the smoke setting does. Turning smoke on and off is like using two different games\cars\system. My FPS will hold strong at almost 300, turn on smoke and it drops 100-150 and the car feels stupid again. Regardless, turning all these settings to off seems to be the best and while everything doesnt looks as cool, it sure works better.

normally I dont worry about FPS because anything above 60 in theory doesnt matter. Large fluctuation in it can hurt though, in this case it seems to really show.

Having a blast with VRC now while there is snow outside my window, whos up for some racing!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

yes I would pull normally 68 fps, and I just have a 300.00 ASUS laptop so no complaints here...for what I use my laptop for I am happy I am not at all a "gamer" this will be the only game on my laptop....
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
So I have been playing this GAME for a while now. Ive been using my Laptop. Just a plain ole regular Laptop with NO issues or lags. Once the update for the Buggies came out, there have been game lags. I downloaded it to my desktop with bad boy graphic cards and alot of RAM and have not had an issue. I also switched to 2 x 27inch screens.... That by itself made it better to drive..

For those that cant control the buggy, remember slow is your friend.

Remember - no matter what anyone say, THIS IS A VIDEO GAME and its performance does depend on your computer like ANY video game. This does not feel like the real thing. Neither does shooting a gun on COD compared to the real thing. Just like the real think tho - you cant OVER DRIVE......

If your game is smooth with most cars and tracks but gets a little choppy with the buggies on the large tracks then from my experience the bottleneck is the processor. The off road physics engines are more demanding on the processor than the on road car. I am running an old computer with an AM2 socket CPU. I had the issue I'm mentioning, but luckily the top of the line AM2 processor can be found for $30 on eBay. I put that thing in and I'm good to go.

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
PNY GTX 650
3 GB RAM
Windows 7
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Some very good info and tips in this thread.
I will be making some changes before I play next.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.