Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VRC PRO questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Hmmmmm.....glad I didn't already have a good computer to run this one. I may have wasted my money too.

If the on-road stuff is good, I bet it's just a matter of time before the off-road gets better as well. Off-road SCT is relatively new compared to their on-road, and buggy just came out, so I expect some issues.

Guess I'll be waiting for the "VRC 2.0 buggy" to be released.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Sad thing is i bought a new laptop to play this game more or less lol oh well
Old 01-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I can't stress it enough as one of the earlier posters mentioned, turn your graphics settings down from the options menu under graphics options. If you turn off all of the options at the top the simulator will run alot smoother and the car will be much easier to drive. I have an alienware 18 laptop with dual 780m graphics cards in sli configuration and I could not get my computer to play this dawn game for days. The car was hard to drive and I couldn't do a clean lap to save my life as other posters stated. After changing the graphics settings it became a new game. My laps were in the 30's at Mike's HS1 and after changing my graphics settings and making the car feel more natural I'm now doing 17's. You must also calibrate as savagesam stated.

Last edited by Johnieblaze; 01-01-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Setting up VRC Pro

That's really disappointing to hear your experiences with the game.

As soon as I heard the buggies were coming I signed up back in October for the free to play, to make sure that my PC would run it and also make sure the controller felt right.

I laid down quite a lot of laps with various cars but the priority was always off road. Spent a lot of time trawling through the forums and tips to make sure I had everything set up as well as it could be.

Absolutely love the game and took them up on the offer of a lifetime membership to get all current and future content.

I personally think the 1/8th buggies are excellent, not 100% spot on, but it was never their intention to delay another 12 months to try and get things 100% accurate, this will develop over time.

They had extensive BETA testing with some top named drivers, David Ronnefalk (young up and coming driver from Sweden who made the A Final at Neobuggy this year) to name one.

It's no surprise to me to see him along with Ryan Lutz and Neil Cragg near the top of the leaderboards in the buggy class.

1) Make sure your controller is set up accurately, I put together a guide here on my real life club's website to help http://csor.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4929.0

2) GRAPHICS options, turn them ALL DOWN to minimum, especially making sure SHADOWS ARE OFF. Switch on the FPS option and in game you should be getting in excess of 60FPS, (ideally over 100).

As far as set up's go you have to try a few, stick to driving on one track to start with, get used to it, try different set ups to see which one is more suitable to your driving style.

IRL just because one set up works for one person doesn't mean it will work for another as their driving styles will be completely different.

e.g. I had my first run out with the RR8 this last weekend and decided to set it up similar to my previous Xray, was completely different.

I'll post up some further advice around setting up the appearance of the game, but F3 and CTL F3 moves the rostrum position and + and - change the zoom, you can also change the far zoom, I suggest you max that out as well. + and - zoom I normally run around 0.52 (in game bottom left hand side)

You really can't make a judgement call with just a few Km's under your belt, having spent the money you should really look to get to grips with it and get some miles under your belt and mess about with the available options and resources.

Feel free to find me in game - David Rolleston and join up to my club Central Scotland Off Roaders, I'll be putting on some club events later tonight that will last a week or so. You'll also be able to run against other folks replays
Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

SETTING UP GRAPHICS AND CAMERA

1) Graphics

2) Camera

In game as mentioned previously you can use + and - to adjust the main zoom, depending on the track I normally have that set at between 0.48 and 0.52 depending on the track.

In real life I also like to stand right of centre on the rostrum so position 3 works nicely for me.

Let me know how you get on
Old 01-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buggy Set Up

I have found this to be an excellent set up, especially for Padova, its actually the exact set up that one of the fastest drivers uses. Good starting point to take to other tracks as well.

Once you have the controller and graphics set up to your liking you're ready to start trying these things

Old 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
sooooo , how fast is vrc pro for you guys?

its controlling of the car is very slow imo

any tips?

The game should run smoothly and the controls should be perfectly responsive with no latency. If your frames per second ever dip below 60 then you will experience stuttering and lag. The single most important setting is to turn shadows off. A monster of a computer is required to run the game with shadows. Start with the lowest possible graphics settings and work up from there. Again, the game is not worth playing if your computer can't hold 60 frames per second.

In my experience the tracks take a bit more practice time to get used to than in real life. But after about an hour I can push the cars really hard. I think the short course cars feel pretty good (two thumbs up). The buggy is alright. The 1/8 nitro on-road is a lot of fun and the electric touring cars feel great too. The nitro touring car isn't as good as the other on road classes but it is drive-able and the speed is enjoyable. The 1/12 is truly on another level of difficulty compared to the other classes and I don't have the mental capacity for it.

Last edited by jhrbacek; 01-01-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Fyi; I have already changed all the necessary settings

fps over 70

its just control laggy

gonna try sams settings
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Play around with it Monty, I have no lag on my mac book pro (60fps), at first with minimal setup and controllers not adjusted it felt like a pig, I was very disappointed at first but now love it

Alan play around with setup as I have plenty of turn in.

I think one thing that can make it hard at first is like for real where you can see the track surface and gauge your throttle input, in vrc it's harder too gauge and you tend too apply too much throttle, hence the loose feel, also remember it will be grippy on th race line and become loose off.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

im not sure what issues you guys are having, i can run Off-road with my old desktop computer and my laptop(about 2 years old) can full this at full graphics a LAPTOP... Desktops shouldnt have an issue at all.

Last edited by LosiPRRACER; 01-01-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

well I actually game on my computer so I don't have laggy graphics that's for sure...the buggies just don't handle that well to start you have to play around with the setup until you get it to you liking...I've found one that kind of helps but still needs more tweaking.

I play games that are far more graphically demanding. Like Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc. on my comp
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
im not sure what issues you guys are having, i can run Off-road with my old desktop computer and my laptop(about 2 years old) can full this at full graphics a LAPTOP... Desktops shouldnt have an issue at all.
Same here, full everything and no issues on a 8 yr old gamer grade old desktop (brothers old desktop, who games). Response is fine, no lag. I'm not super fast but can run consistent 45-46 sec laps on nitro blast with a downloaded setup from the website. I agree it's not the same as the real thing, but how could it be? It's a game... I see it as a fun way to run with buddies in multiplayer for us that don't have tracks close by, and a good hand/eye cordination training tool. It does does take a bit of getting used to, but the game is better than I expected it to be.

Last edited by ovalracer1m; 01-01-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I personally don't think that the designer really put any emphasis on today's high powered graphics boards, which is a smart move. Most guys in rc may not have a powerhouse machine. Like I said I myself have a beast of a computer and I still have to disable all the graphic settings for the game to work right.

Now it doesn't feel exactly like the real deal but it's definitely close enough. I don't concern myself with how close is to the real thing as much as I do with learning concepts from the game to turn fast laptimes, which in my opinion is dead on, for that it is worth every penny.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Keep in mind in real life, no 2 buggies drive exactly the same. what feels dialed to you may feel like crap to someone else. Now how do you expect a video game to feel exactly the same as your real buggy?
Old 01-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

A little lengthy but useful info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRoPQ_YEeNA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.