Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Comparing werks b6 and b7 >

Comparing werks b6 and b7

Comparing werks b6 and b7

Old 12-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Comparing werks b6 and b7

Need some info on these motors.. I know the b6 but need to know how the b7 compares to the b6.. I will run on large track with long straights.. Can anyone compare low mid and top end of these motors and whats really the difference out of performance.. Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allshowandgo
Need some info on these motors.. I know the b6 but need to know how the b7 compares to the b6.. I will run on large track with long straights.. Can anyone compare low mid and top end of these motors and whats really the difference out of performance.. Thanks in advance
The b7 is a top end crazy engine with a 2058 pipe. With the 2013 bottom is improve, but you lose a bit of top end pull. Mileage with the b7 sucks compared to the b6. I've noticed up to a 2 minute difference. The b7 is a fun engine to run cause its so ridiculous on the top end....
Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks sschultz, would the re-11 pipe or jp3 work on these motors? Considering if i wanted to drive in an open grass field to drag race, what clutch bell would you use? 16?

I have a re-11 and really wanna stay with it, if it lacks on top end cuz of pipe couldnt i just go up a clutch bell size?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

B6 actually has a little more bottom than the B7, the B7 will have some more top end, but not a ton more than the B6, but the B6 get better mileage and better bottom mid power.

Really in my opinion B6 is all together a better choice , even for large tracks.