Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the better resizing service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ray is the master, and a super nice guy with top notch service! It has been mentioned in a previous post, but, chances are pretty good that Ray's tooling will be used to resize your p/s sets regardless who you choose. A lot of guys are capable of doing it, but I highly doubt anyone comes close to the experience level of Ray.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

I know both are exceptionally good at what they do. I've seen sets come back locally from both. I personally deal with Lance at RC Renew and I had it come back to me looking like brand new. His turn around time and service is matched by none in my opinion. Stand up guy he is for sure
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Actually I machined my own tooling for resizing, I started off years ago with Rays .21 set then shortly realized a way in my opinion to improve so I machined new tooling from .12 to .30 sizes.

Although some guys are still simply using clamps and ER collets to resize So just be aware and go by customer feedback when choosing who to resize your parts.

But on this thread either you choose will be great.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

There is nothing wrong with an ER collet, as long you are using (self made) conical adapters to be sure the pinch will get a taper.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ray may be upset you called him the creature! He moved out of the black lagoon years ago.
Funny that's what happens when you use a swift keyboard toooo fast. .. Sent you a email few days ago.. You still in business?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have been using Ray for the last 3 years and have always had great luck with him. Lance seems to know what he is doing as well. I wouldnt hesitate to use any of them for work on my sleeves. I just stick with Ray because he's all i have ever used and I always have my sleeves back quickly.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Funny that's what happens when you use a swift keyboard toooo fast. .. Sent you a email few days ago.. You still in business?
I replied to you same day, and just sent you pricing. We just moved into our new location and business is awesome thank you. Website should be live by January