Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will JQ release a Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
obnoxious truggy-haters along with the annoying nitro haters?

Except electric, which absolutely does suck...

Haters gonna hate?!?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tcaputo
http://bit.ly/181SaLq

even corrects the spelling
derp....it was a rhetorical question....it is irrelevant to this thread and whether JQ would potentially make a truggy...which in my opinion he won't
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wombat
derp....it was a rhetorical question....it is irrelevant to this thread and whether JQ would potentially make a truggy...which in my opinion he won't
I know man .. just messing with ya
Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gasser
I love the way people bash on a buggy when they,,, 1. didn't build, 2. They have no idea what set-up is on it and 3. drove it one time and did nothing to try and improve the vehicle. You can take the best car on the planet and put the wrong tires on it for the track and it will be terrible. I believe with all the tuning options on the White Edition you can make that car drive any way you want with a little testing. Everyone bashed and made fun of the Sportworks Turmoil when Derek started running it but with some testing they were soon burying their heads in the sand when he started whipping them with it.
what makes you think that know one tried ? every single person with a jq car around me dumped it.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos
what makes you think that know one tried ? every single person with a jq car around me dumped it.
Sure, but you are talking about the old car. The White Edition is leaps and bounds better than the Yellow Edition in every way. But don't take my word for it, drive one and you will know.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goszu
Truggies eat buggies for breakfast
Not at our track they don't, those dogsleds have all they can do to keep up with the buggies. Only time they have a chance is if they pull out infront of ya on your way by them. Buhuhahahhaa. But I have one too, breaking her out fresh next season for the truggy class.

I cant and wont knock JQ's rides, never seen one run, no one in our club has one and I doubt we'll ever see one. Not saying I wouldnt like to give it a try, I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple times, and theres a guy in the classifieds selling a BN one. But Im pretty sure the Kool Aiders would buy toilet paper if JQ put his logo on it. Just saying.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Way off topic here now - but is the white really thaaaaattt much better than the yellow wide/pre-season kit edition beside re-configured/designed suspension parts? How does it drive 'that' much better - one would think you could set-up a yellow wide chassis car to drive very similar if not the same....

Can't wait to hear feedback on the white from non-sponsored drivers once released to the masses.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AC500
But Im pretty sure the Kool Aiders would buy toilet paper if JQ put his logo on it. Just saying.
LMAO
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wombat
Way off topic here now - but is the white really thaaaaattt much better than the yellow wide/pre-season kit edition beside re-configured/designed suspension parts? How does it drive 'that' much better - one would think you could set-up a yellow wide chassis car to drive very similar if not the same....

Can't wait to hear feedback on the white from non-sponsored drivers once released to the masses.
Without spending hours going over the theory and reality behind every geometry change, the short answer is yes, it really is. Since last year, almost every influential part of the car has been changed, from the wide chassis, new steering system, and radio tray this summer, to a completely different front and rear end geometry.

Vehicle dynamics is a very complex topic that only a handful in the industry truly understand. After over 2 years of studying different geometries, reading full-scale racing car handling books, and analyzing cars' handling, I have only scratched the surface of the truth.

Suspension geometry gives each car certain handling traits, and no matter what you change on the car, it will still have that same general feeling. The Yellow Edition had extreme geometry, and as a result, it was very fast, yet it was hard to drive as the car had tons of steering and lacked traction for some drivers. Doing things such as limiting steering endpoint, adding weight, and using all setups options to get max traction are all band aids. This goes for any car.

The White Edition, on the other hand, was designed to be a neutral car out of the box. This way, you could set up the car to be either aggressive or stable, while still retaining the easy to drive handling characteristics. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you watch the 3 part video release, or the final video at the very least, to get a more clear picture of the car and its handling characteristics.

Your right though, the true test will be how everyone else how likes the car once released. But based on the feedback from the last several drivers running my car over the past few weeks, I'm confident it will be well-liked.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Not at our track they don't, those dogsleds have all they can do to keep up with the buggies. Only time they have a chance is if they pull out infront of ya on your way by them. Buhuhahahhaa. But I have one too, breaking her out fresh next season for the truggy class.

I cant and wont knock JQ's rides, never seen one run, no one in our club has one and I doubt we'll ever see one. Not saying I wouldnt like to give it a try, I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple times, and theres a guy in the classifieds selling a BN one. But Im pretty sure the Kool Aiders would buy toilet paper if JQ put his logo on it. Just saying.
what track do you run at ? at every single track i ever been too truggy times are always fast than buggy they are more stable and easier to drive. your just hating for sure lol stop go to any big event race results were on driver drove both classes more than likely he was faster with the truggy
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what track do you run at ? at every single track i ever been too truggy times are always fast than buggy they are more stable and easier to drive. go to any big event race results were on driver drove both classes more than likely he was faster with the truggy
+1
Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

what track do you run at ? at every single track i ever been too truggy times are always fast than buggy they are more stable and easier to drive. your just hating for sure lol stop go to any big event race results were on driver drove both classes more than likely he was faster with the truggy
Hating? Obviously you've missed something in my post, I do have one and while they are very fast, they're just not nimble enough to get around the tight quick switchbacks and hairpins on out tight track, as where the buggy just grips and rips through them, coming off the sweeper in the back the truggys can go all out and that's where they make up their ground. So hating I'm not.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Iggy 102
You drove the white edition??
Don't even bother answering Evind, he has tried it all and has bad critics on everything he is not using, just look at his posts to understand what he is about.
I have the yellow wide with the new battery forward radio tray and I never felt better with any other buggys, plus compared to my old mugen I never broke an arm in over 6 gallons.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Without spending hours going over the theory and reality behind every geometry change, the short answer is yes, it really is. Since last year, almost every influential part of the car has been changed, from the wide chassis, new steering system, and radio tray this summer, to a completely different front and rear end geometry.

Vehicle dynamics is a very complex topic that only a handful in the industry truly understand. After over 2 years of studying different geometries, reading full-scale racing car handling books, and analyzing cars' handling, I have only scratched the surface of the truth.

Suspension geometry gives each car certain handling traits, and no matter what you change on the car, it will still have that same general feeling. The Yellow Edition had extreme geometry, and as a result, it was very fast, yet it was hard to drive as the car had tons of steering and lacked traction for some drivers. Doing things such as limiting steering endpoint, adding weight, and using all setups options to get max traction are all band aids. This goes for any car.

The White Edition, on the other hand, was designed to be a neutral car out of the box. This way, you could set up the car to be either aggressive or stable, while still retaining the easy to drive handling characteristics. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you watch the 3 part video release, or the final video at the very least, to get a more clear picture of the car and its handling characteristics.

Your right though, the true test will be how everyone else how likes the car once released. But based on the feedback from the last several drivers running my car over the past few weeks, I'm confident it will be well-liked.
I am my only sponsor and I have paid for every single car I was or am racing. The only thing I got is that I now make part of THE100 and due to that I do have the White Edition. On the first day out I was as fast as with the Mugen MBX7. What we all are missing in this discussion is a definition of what is a nervous car... All equipment used in competitions, whatever discipline, is nervous and agressive. Only nervous and agressive are fast. The problem behind all that is to find the correct balance between being nervous/agressive and controlable. But I can guarantee you that the very easy to drive car won't be the most competitive car. You as a driver might get better results with the very easy car as you will make less mistakes, but at some point of time the car will be your limit. I have been racing motorbikes on international level, and I can tell you, the quickest and fastest bikes are the agressive and nervous ones. The challenge for all of us racers is to find the correct balance for our cars, matching the cars capabilities with our capabilities. The better I get as a racer, the more agressive my car / my setup can be. Thats the cool thing about these buggies, I can change the setup to exactly get whatever I can handle... Now, all cars are different, and if you compare the Mugen 6R with the 7, the 7 is more agressive, but faster... compare the Losi 2.0 with the 3.0... its less agressive, but overall faster. Again, its all about the balance, and despite the little experience I do have so far with the White Edition, I do feel that JQ has found a pretty good compromise. I am very positive that this Buggy will be a good fit for my capabilities as a racer.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Hating? Obviously you've missed something in my post, I do have one and while they are very fast, they're just not nimble enough to get around the tight quick switchbacks and hairpins on out tight track, as where the buggy just grips and rips through them, coming off the sweeper in the back the truggys can go all out and that's where they make up their ground. So hating I'm not.
It don't really matter if you choose to purchase a jq or any other just wheel the heck out of it and have fun doing it. Buggy or truggy as i love them both in nitro!!! Has to be nitro haha.hell ill race a rustler if thats all i had

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.