Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with the mesh on Jato 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Problem with the mesh on Jato 3.3

I grinded my spur gear(lasted for about 1 gallon) and thought OK ill replace it, when I replace it it grinded again in only half a tank .... I did use a sheet of paper for the gap ... So then I said maybe I done it wrong replaced it again(bought 5 of them ...) and same thing grinded in 2 min ..... mesh looks good when I install but something seems to eat that spur gear fasssst ..... how tight should I lock that mesh on the spring ... should the spring be directly on the bearing .. whats the proper adjustement

The 3 rubber pads behind the spur gear are worn off a bit is that causing me the problem ( i thought it would just slip more but not eat the gear ...)

Thanks for reading any suggestion would be appreciated
Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mesh could be to tight. You want a little wiggle room all around the gear. A lot of the time a spur will not be perfectly round. If there is a high spot and you set the mesh on a low spot it will bind on that high spot and usually strip. When I set the mesh on my stuff I will check it, then turn the gear a little and check again. I just want to be able to wiggle the spur a little back and forth.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

It looks good once I installed theres a little wiggle just a bit I mean it feels good but as soon as the car runs .... the spur gear will grind very fast how tight should I turn that bolt on the spur the one that is on the spring ?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
check the engine mounts. They could be shifting very slightly which would cause the mesh to change. your slipper cluch might also be to tight. you should loosen the slipper nut if it is. ATXPro4 also mentioned that the spur could be out of round which would also cause spur grinding if that is true try different brand spurs. a good base slipper setting is to turn it as tight as it goes then loosen the slipper nut 1-2 turns then fine tune from there
Old 07-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ThePanda
check the engine mounts. They could be shifting very slightly which would cause the mesh to change. your slipper cluch might also be to tight. you should loosen the slipper nut if it is. ATXPro4 also mentioned that the spur could be out of round which would also cause spur grinding if that is true try different brand spurs. a good base slipper setting is to turn it as tight as it goes then loosen the slipper nut 1-2 turns then fine tune from there
Thank ill check the mount and tighten the slipper all the way the loosen 1-2 turns