Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
getting the boy his first Nirto. Idea's? >

getting the boy his first Nirto. Idea's?

getting the boy his first Nirto. Idea's?

Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

WATCH THIS VIDEO! Duratrax 835b! Is it as good as you think? http://youtu.be/anGyyS0ajFM
Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

I HIGHLY recommend the OFNA HYPER 7 or OFNA LX2 HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRNitroBasher
WATCH THIS VIDEO! Duratrax 835b! Is it as good as you think? http://youtu.be/anGyyS0ajFM
Dont trust Jang, he can barely for sentences.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I love kyosho,,,,, but the losi rtr 2.0 buggy would be my choice. It can take a beating, parts everywhere, and it can be upgraded as ur son gets better on the track. But I would buy NEW!!!!!!! That way u guys have a lot less headache with this buggy.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Dont trust Jang, he can barely for sentences.
First of all jang is a very busy man who never catches a break... He's all for the rc community so that might explain why he can barley form sentences he's TiRED! And it has nothing to do with trusting him I mean you see it with your own eyes the car has flaws theres no tricks your seeing it with your own eyes.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Good points

TLR, you make some good points. Hoese37 bashing a guy trying to help us out? Juvenile.

Although I'm still impressed overall with the Duratrax, I'd pass it up unless or until they change the molding process on the arms. OFNA and HoBao do have some inexpensive options.

Lomax, I just saw the Kyosho Inferno NEO for 309 at AMain. Kyosho wrote the book on 1/8 scale and this buggy is based on a World Champion design almost a decade old. The OFNA starter box knock off that HK sells for under $50 would complete the package for around $400 and he could bash it, race it or both and upgrade it as his skills grow. I've driven Kyosho for years and they've always been top notch. This would be a shoe in for me if I were buying a rtr.

EDIT: There's at least one thread on the NEO here.

Last edited by BrettL; 07-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

My closest shop is 70 miles from here so a lot of my support is buying online. I have been a little concerned about the 10th scale when operating around in the yard so I have been building a small track on the corner of the property and there are 2 other tracks that's been built (by local enthusiast) about 7 miles from me.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have an MBX6R I can sell for $150. In great condition. Made the A in many national events.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Was watching Ebay and bid and won a New HPI Nitro MT2. I had one of these before liked it enough to myself another a little while back. There are a few things on them that are a little "cheaply" but upgrades are easy to get for it. Also decided if he has the same car as me, if he breaks something, If he don't have the part in his tray, I may have it in mine.
Thanks for all the replies. I decided to give it to him for his birthday (in September) and I will be asking opinions on 1/8th scale kits for Christmas to build
Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Take a look at the HPI Nitro Fire Storm...parts and upgrades every where. I think it goes for around 310.00. Just by fuel.