Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Needing help! Nitro Evader ST Throttle Return Spring >

Needing help! Nitro Evader ST Throttle Return Spring

Needing help! Nitro Evader ST Throttle Return Spring

Old 07-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Needing help! Nitro Evader ST Throttle Return Spring

Hey first of all let me introduce myself as this is my first post on the forum.

My name is Sergio I'm 18 y/o and I own a Nitro Evader ST since a while It's been disassembled for a long while... Today I felt like assemble it againg and give it some mantainance. I've done everything from scratch following the manual, however all the manual says about the Throttle Return Spring is the following:

(Quoting)
"Your truck is equipped with a throttle return spring. It is
installed between the throttle servo horn and the recoil starter. This
will return the throttle to idle if there is a loss in power for the onboard
radio equipment."

Some photos of what I've done so far:

The last photo is of what I supose it's needed to get the work done.
I look a look at this: (I cant post links so... google this: "Duratrax Throttle Return Spring Nitro Evader ST TowerHobbies" )

Thank you, I hope somebody is able to help me. Maybe you have some pics You couls show me or something.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Hello Sergio

Hello Sergio, welcome to RCTech. It looks like you've started right with the spring on the carb control arm. As long as you hook it in the general area of the recoil starter, you should be fine. The exact method you use isn't critical. It needs just enough tension to return the throttle to idle with no power to the servo, but no more. You don't want it pulling so hard that it fights the servo and drains the battery too much.

A lot of us consider these springs optional because of the added stress they put on the servo during operation. I just charge my packs well and always put them on a field charger between runs.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe that the larger of the holes on that little L shaped bracket goes under the closest engine mount screw. Then the spring attaches to the small hole on the bracket.

A throttle return spring is a very good idea. In the chance that the throttle linkage comes loose or the battery does die you dont get a runaway. Best case scenario with a run away is it crashes and you have a broken car. Worst case it hits and hurts someone.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you guys I wasn't able to go online for a while. I've done it just as you said so and that is working fine.

However I got this unrelated issue I dont know which is the cause but I'm pretty much suer its either the servo setting or the carburator needs to be set up finely. When I start the engine the Evader starts moving by its own without me having pulled the throttle and I am aware that the REV's are way too high. It sounds as if it was racing through it's own limits and then it stops by its own.

Do you know what could it be? (As I have currently no idea of how the motor setup is done except from the manual which is basically an assembly guide and nothing else.)