Search

Losi 8ight-t 2.0 screws?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight-t 2.0 screws?

Hi all,
I have a 8ight-t 2.0 on it's way to me and before it gets here I have a quick question.
I've read that the 8ight uses standard hardware, but then I've also heard that it uses metric as well.
Is it a combo or? What does it use more of?

Though my main question is what standard size driver will I be needing if it is standard?

Thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vroom_skies
Hi all,
I have a 8ight-t 2.0 on it's way to me and before it gets here I have a quick question.
I've read that the 8ight uses standard hardware, but then I've also heard that it uses metric as well.

Though my main question is what standard size driver will I be needing if it is standard?

Thanks
Congrats on 8t 2.0 basic tools do come with truggy. You can upgrade with metric screws but will have to buy them. You can buy a set of hex tool set .050 - 1/16 - 5/64 - 3/32 with handles makes easier use
Old 05-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the response
This would be the tool set that I would pick up:
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=1134

However if there is really only one size standard screw, say 3/32 then it would save me a fair amount to only pick up that one. Do you know if I'll need the full set or just one or two standard drivers?

Also what metric screw set is out there? I normally get Tony Screws set, but his isn't full metric. Do there any to be any full metric sets? If that's the case I'd much rather just pick that up then a set of standard drivers?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Does no one know?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Does no one know?
You will need full set tools & i used original screws in kit, the good thing is, the other guys at track who don't have losi don't ask to borrow your tools as they don't fit. Lol not sure bout where to got metric set
Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Losi truggy and buggy use mainly 2.0MM and 3/32 but you will need .050, 1/16 for some small stuff. I would get ball end and regular ends. Be sure not to torque with ball ends.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

There is no metric hardware used on the 2.0 anywhere unless you count the clutch screw. I wouldn't recommend switching any screws to metric unless you are building a new kit from new. You will be threading a metric screw into a hole that has standard threads and they will strip very easily. Yes some metric allen head tools will fit standard screws and vice versa because they are very close in size. They will strip out the head of the screw though if you aren't carefull. I would just recommend buying standard wrenches and be without the future headaches.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Hi all,

Thanks
Losi Race Wrench: US 4 pc Set + one Losi 2.0mm.
This is the set Ive been using on my Losi is 2006.

The following common tools will also be required: needle-nose pliers, regular pliers, hobby knife, scissors or other body cutting/trimming tools, and a soldering iron may be necessary for radio installation. 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" and 11/32" nut drivers are optional.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies and help everyone.
I order both of the Eds sets. I have all of the other tolls on hand.

Thanks