Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0 >

Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0

Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0

Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0

Which one is better Xray XB9 13 or Losi 8IGHT 3.0 ???
I don't care about the car price or parts price I care only for the best !!!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

What car do you currently drive?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

XRAY all damn day long. The XRAY is better in everyway compared to the 3.0, from wear, durability, tuning, etc.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
What car do you currently drive?
I am running EB4 S3 full option and now i want something better
Old 04-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I honestly believe it depends on what your driving style is....do a little research and make your purchase. I had the Losi 2.0 and it didn't quite fit me. I went to the OFNA Saber X3 and it reacts totally different and seems more suited for me. I drove a friends Agama A8 buggy and that thing is very smooth and easy to drive.
As for parts availability...never really mattered to me especially with sooooo many on line stores you can plan ahead and purchase certain things that are more likely to break.
Bottom line, don't rely on others opinion...do your own research and figure which buggy/truggy fits your driving style/budget/etc.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
XRAY all damn day long. The XRAY is better in everyway compared to the 3.0, from wear, durability, tuning, etc.
AMEN! Xray all damn day, when it comes to top notch quality, xray is best of the best no doubt about it
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Tyco all day long!

These types of threads are stupid, No such thing as "The best"!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would pick the losi hands down. Trust me when I say this the losi is so much easier to work on n learn then the X-ray.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
I would pick the losi hands down. Trust me when I say this the losi is so much easier to work on n learn then the X-ray.
I could not disagree more. I worked on a good friends Losi one time and I wanted to throw it against the wall. It was the most convoluted POS I've ever touched. It felt like everything was an after thought, screws were constantly backing out, every part on it was slopped out and worn.

Losi has a fast car no doubt, but they aren't in the same league as Xray when it comes to fit and finish.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Both are really great cars. XRay drivers love to tell everyone how much better there car is than everyone elses, but I know just as many former XRay drivers as any other brand. You won't be disappointed with either car. I drive Losi and I have for awhile now. I have had the opportunity to drive the XRay. They are both just as adjustable. I find the Losi easier to drive fast. The XRay felt very stable and it is a good car, but I definitely was not as fast as with the Losi.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
Both are really great cars. XRay drivers love to tell everyone how much better there car is than everyone elses, but I know just as many former XRay drivers as any other brand. You won't be disappointed with either car. I drive Losi and I have for awhile now. I have had the opportunity to drive the XRay. They are both just as adjustable. I find the Losi easier to drive fast. The XRay felt very stable and it is a good car, but I definitely was not as fast as with the Losi.
+1
everyone who had a xray before knows it's part quality and durability including me. But I assume our main goal is to be faster not have the best build car. I drive now a losi. I accept it's plastic parts are not the best on the market and drivetrain needs more maintenance but who cares! I'm faster with it
Hope your driving style suits more to xray so you can drive a top quality car
Old 04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
I could not disagree more. I worked on a good friends Losi one time and I wanted throw it against the wall. It was the most convoluted POS I've ever touched. It felt like everything was an after thought, screws were constantly backing out, every part on it was slopped out and worn.

Losi has a fast car no doubt, but they aren't in the same league as Xray when it comes to fit and finish.
Your good friend owner of the Losi had you work on his car? I'm guessing if that's the case his maintenance and upkeep must have been minimal at best. There areare 2 screws that back out on a Losi. Front right and rear left shock. Reverse thread screw solves that and comes with the kit.

Flip a coin. Both cars are good and extremely durable.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you've ever built and Xray out of the box, you will know that it is the best and easiest build you will ever experience
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Xray was known for copying losis car. Just sayin
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z-Man.
If you've ever built and Xray out of the box, you will know that it is the best and easiest build you will ever experience
A former XRay driver who now drives a Mugen told me that it was the best made car he ever owned. He has also repeatedly told me that the Mugen is an infinitely better car to drive than the XRay even if it isn't better built.

Point being? Now matter how great it is to build, it doesn't mean you will be fast with it, or that it will fit your driving style. If you are moving up from the EB4 you are going to be amazed at either the Losi or the XRay. Both will out perform your old ride if you set them up properly for your track.

What is the track like that you will be racing on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.