Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0 >

Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0

Xray XB9 13 vs Losi 8IGHT 3.0

Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm
Sounds like you've never owned a losi buggy. Lol
I ran losi for a year,while I thought the car was good it wasn't great.I never felt the slop hurt the performance of the car.I had some good results with the losi actually making it on neobuggy a couple times.I am now running the intech br-6 and feel it is the most versatile car I've ever owned.Seems to work good on any surface and if not it has the adjustments to get it there.So far we have about 12 race weekends on the cars with little signs of wear.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have any driving comparisons between 3.0, XB9, and the MP9??
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mlbright
Anyone have any driving comparisons between 3.0, XB9, and the MP9??
The Xray can be made to feel exactly like a Losi 2.0 by moving the hingepins around and running AE/Kyo/Serp shock pistons. Or you can make it ALLMOST as boring as the MP9 by doing the exact opposite moves. Never saw a 2.0 that was stable like one of the lame stable setups for the Xb9. Of those 3 cars I chose the Xray. I tried a Mugen and hated it's shocks and bumpy track handling.

Not sure about the Losi 3.0. So far it's vaporware.

The better question? Which cars have you allready tried and liked?

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-09-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

say hello to my little friend

Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I owned a 2.0 for six months got uses to driving it then the crap started. My camber links after couple of laps made its own setup, always braking a shock. Screws for the shoccks kept coming out, shock boots kept ripping, drive shafts wear to quickly especially the front one. Was never consistant enough on long runs and the front end not forgiving enough. When nose dive off a jump it digs in and flips where mugen doesnt . Now due to sponsorship im changing to xray and lets see how this goes. Not looking for the fastest car in the world only out there for fun and if i win thats a bonus. Looking for a overall high stabality durable buggy to run.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrLosi88
I owned a 2.0 for six months got uses to driving it then the crap started. My camber links after couple of laps made its own setup, always braking a shock. Screws for the shoccks kept coming out, shock boots kept ripping, drive shafts wear to quickly especially the front one. Was never consistant enough on long runs and the front end not forgiving enough. When nose dive off a jump it digs in and flips where mugen doesnt . Now due to sponsorship im changing to xray and lets see how this goes. Not looking for the fastest car in the world only out there for fun and if i win thats a bonus. Looking for a overall high stabality durable buggy to run.
He asked bout the 3.0 not 2.0 Big difference between them. The 3.0 is way better IMO, very easy to drive, can push with ease round corners and handles like a dream over bumps an straight. Overall very easy car to drive
Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I love threads like this. It's like the ole what's better CHEVY, Dodge or Ford debate. It's preference. In the right hands all the platforms are very capable.

One question.....thousands of answers.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
The Xray can be made to feel exactly like a Losi 2.0 by moving the hingepins around and running AE/Kyo/Serp shock pistons. Or you can make it ALLMOST as boring as the MP9 by doing the exact opposite moves. Never saw a 2.0 that was stable like one of the lame stable setups for the Xb9. Of those 3 cars I chose the Xray. I tried a Mugen and hated it's shocks and bumpy track handling.

Not sure about the Losi 3.0. So far it's vaporware.

The better question? Which cars have you allready tried and liked?
What makes you say that the MP9 is boring?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think the best answer is if you want the best, take your pick of what ever looks best and has the most parts availability at your track:
-X-ray
-Kyosho
-Losi

...cuz if your asking, you ain't fast enough to tell the difference between the 3 if your anything like me! All will treat you right. The X-ray is the bomb though and will take a beating.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ei8ht
What makes you say that the MP9 is boring?
The MP9 err's towards stability. Most of my wrench time on the Mp9 was searching for better rotation on power.

The Losi err's towards aggression. Most of my wrench time on that kit was trying to clam it down.

Either car can be tuned towards the others personality. But the AE and Kyo ain't as extreme aggessive as others.

The Xray can be setup to feel kinda like the Kyo and AE cars if you want that. I've never seen a Losi that could though. A Losi feels like a Losi, It's not as tunable as the Xray IMO.