Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro rc car cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nitro rc car cutting out

I start up my car, I keep its idle for 30 seconds. I start to move the car driving it up and down getting to full throttle but when I come to a complete stop the car idles for 2 seconds then cuts out

What do I do?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dazablue
I start up my car, I keep its idle for 30 seconds. I start to move the car driving it up and down getting to full throttle but when I come to a complete stop the car idles for 2 seconds then cuts out

What do I do?
The quick answer? Change your tune...

No but seriously, need more info to give you an accurate answer. Is it new? What kind of fuel do you have and how old is it? Did it run good at some point and this just came on? Have you replaced the glow plug?

Point being, give as much info as you can, like what you've tried to do, if anything. Does it run good other than stalling? etc.......
Old 04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default More info

My car is the hpi trophy 4.6, I run it on 20% fuel. I have not tried replacing the glow plug and it is a month old.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had this problem with mine. You have to adjust the idle after you break it in. Watch some tuning videos and you'll figure it out.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Idle

My idle is already 1mm open on idle and its the same while breaking. when my car is idling it is moving slowly. So if i make it wider its going to move even more faster on idle.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

you need to adjust your high and low speed needles. Read this and go from there....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ing-bible.html
Old 04-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dazablue
My idle is already 1mm open on idle and its the same while breaking. when my car is idling it is moving slowly. So if i make it wider its going to move even more faster on idle.
first your idle gap is to large it should be at .5mm - .7mm tops so turn idle down lsn richer to bring idle up if it wont idle after you set the correct idle gap. you have to get your idle gap set right first before you can really tune your other needles or you will always be chasing your tune. take old credit card and cut a sliver off it and use that to set your gap to .7mm and go from there. let us know how your doing after you get idle set properly
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Idle

I checked my idle and I'm still having the same problem
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 AM

It could simply be a weak glow plug so I'd change that first and see what happens.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Bearing

It sounds to me you need new clutchbell bearings.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dooug1960
first your idle gap is to large it should be at .5mm - .7mm tops so turn idle down lsn richer to bring idle up
When you turn the idle down you have to lean the LSN. If you turn the idle down and richen the LSN it's going to bog out and die.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Have a problem

Driving my nitro RC car around when I get to about a half a tank it's stalls on me anybody got a answer for that car is only a month old brand-new glow plug I'm still trying to tune it
Old 04-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem

Playing with my tornado s30 running good and then all of sudden it stalls out on me about half tank of fuel brand New glow plug car is a month old using 20% nitro 16% lubricant any suggestions on what's wrong or what I can do to fix this also a pain to start
Old 04-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mannyrrfresh
Driving my nitro RC car around when I get to about a half a tank it's stalls on me anybody got a answer for that car is only a month old brand-new glow plug I'm still trying to tune it
Based on the little information you provided, I would say try to lean the low speed slightly. When the engine warms up the sleeve expands and it causes the idle to lower
Old 04-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

one thing if you dont have a temp gun i suggest getting one dont let your motor get below 200 and not above 300 degrees