Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Tekno NB48

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

pretty sure goldy's issue is a locked center diff due to deformed washers. That is exactly how my car felt. NO center diff action. Abrupt power to the rear and makes the car uncontrollable. New washers, Car back to sexy.

I think the tank screw crack thing maybe a freak occurrence not sure i would call it a bug. I have pounded my buggy and have never come across this... I just got up and looked at my tank. to make sure i understand u are saying a side blow forces the screw to penetrate into the main tank compartment?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nope, it doesn't penetrate, screw acts like a lever creating side momentum on the screw hole' wall.
Also i've inspected body and found signs of the contact between that fuel clip and body.
I know that maybe i'm the only person who've met this issue, but i see possibility of repeating this when fuel clip mounted facing left side.
p.s.: i've run almost whole summer with cracked tank chasing that inconsistent trouble, almost ordered new engine thinking i've ruined my first one, thats why i think this weird rare issue should be here, maybe someone else chasing his tune too
Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
So, here is another one sort of bug report.
Issue: new (revised) tank can be cracked causing pressure problems and therefore tuning issues. Crack is so small and located in unobvious place making pressure test close to impossible.
How to repeat: side impact slightly above pipe line where most stress is taken by the outer rear fuel line clip.
Result: screw holding clip causes crack of the tank body starting from the screw' hole.
Major issue is about unstable nature of this damage: with body off and clip aligned well there is vrtually no pressure leak. With body on it applies some force to the clip, and not so soft landings temporary increases this force. While buggy is being upside down force is high enought to remove all pressure from the system and cause flameout.
But when you take tank off and decide to make leak test, you remove clips and screws also. or at least don't apply force to that rear outer clip, therefore silly drivers with weak lungs don't have a chance to detect this leak.
Workaround: mount this clip facing rear left wheel or/and apply some material betwwen tank sidewall and clip.
Hope this will help.
Mount what clip facing the left rear?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stirex
How was Rev?
It works fantastic down there; I'm heading back down today for a little more testing but dont expect to find much.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
Mount what clip facing the left rear?
Yep, try to move it as far away from left side as possible, if you have stock body you can check either they're touching each other or not.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

What clip are you talking about? Fuel line retainers?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I keep having flame outs after a pit stop. New tank, new fuel line and changed exhaust pipe. I have a long pressure line. I tried every trick in the book.
I do know if I fill the tank up to the fuel tank neck and not over fill the tank
It's ok.
I don't have this problem with my truggy. Any suggestions? Besides don't over fill the tank.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
I keep having flame outs after a pit stop. New tank, new fuel line and changed exhaust pipe. I have a long pressure line. I tried every trick in the book.
I do know if I fill the tank up to the fuel tank neck and not over fill the tank
It's ok.
I don't have this problem with my truggy. Any suggestions? Besides don't over fill the tank.

what kind of fuel do you use ?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
what kind of fuel do you use ?
I use Byron's 30/11. I run a Picco Boost 5TR. I use a OSp4 plug.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

hello,

I play with the thought me a NB48 pick.
Now I have heard if you want to install another clutch you have to change something on the engine mounts.

What is there to it Can you help me?

I prefer the Buku Clutch:-)
Old 09-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MSMike
hello,

I play with the thought me a NB48 pick.
Now I have heard if you want to install another clutch you have to change something on the engine mounts.

What is there to it Can you help me?

I prefer the Buku Clutch:-)
I dont think there's too much to change if you want to run a Different clutch setup.. There's 2 diff engine mounting setups front engine setup and rear engine setup Im running the Werks pro clutch with the front engine position and Werks fine. Just have to do a lil Clutchbell shimming to find that sweet spot
Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
It's ok.
I had that happen, and the motor was a bit rich. When you fill it, it goes richer. Hows the temps when it comes in, and can you lean it out a tad?

I also usually clean it out before the pit guy sets it down after refueling.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
I had that happen, and the motor was a bit rich. When you fill it, it goes richer. Hows the temps when it comes in, and can you lean it out a tad?

I also usually clean it out before the pit guy sets it down after refueling.
Same with me it happened when I was using a fuel gun it would flame it ended up being to rich since we have changed that all good I can now use fuel gun or fuel bottle no more flame outs in pit stops

Try leaning it a bit and see how you go the picco likes to run pretty hot as well bud
Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Grrr, typed out a long post and lost it!

The down and dirty: AKA Catapults are money at Revelation. I ran mediums and the traction was fantastic while the tread pattern was very forgiving. Next favorites were the Beta Cubez (soft compound but in reality these are somewhere between medium and soft for AKA and Proline). They were pretty forgiving, had good tread wear, and produced very good traction. Proline Blockades (soft) were my least favorite of the three; a little more aggressive at turn in and tread wear was way lower as expected compared to the others. Overall traction was very similar across the board with all three. No M2s or X2s were available to try but I bet they would have worked well with better tread wear.

The track is starting to get rutted up but the only changes needed are lighter shock oils. Mo's setup just continues to impress. They're racing tomorrow night and I'm excited to see how it does. During practice I've literally been able to turn inside anything at any point during any corner on the track while carrying more speed.

Believe I met ThreatRacing down there today but I'm not positive (didnt exchange board names). He was running the rear engine setup and our buggies were pretty much polar opposites. His buggy has rear traction on lock down but gives up a substantial amount of turn in. It works pretty good mid and coming out of the twisties but feels exceptionally tight. It was a lot of fun to try such a drastic setup change.

Oh, switched over to Punch fuels today. Wish I could report that I picked up 4 minutes of run time and the temps dropped 20 degrees but in the end, it ran just like VP (and Nitrotane, and Byrons, and Striketeam, and any others that I've forgot about over the years). My wife does however dislike that it is clear when she is refueling for me.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
What clip are you talking about? Fuel line retainers?
I'm talking about clips holding fuel line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.