Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Tekno NB48

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I will trade for a nice tekno nb http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ugen-mbx7.html
Old 07-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JsK

Yes Danny you could combine this with the LRC insets but it gives a ton of anti squat at that point without a lower anti squat plate. A bunch of anti squat along with the LRC is usually counterproductive . At least it was on the AE car. Maybe the tekno would react better.

For people planning on using this it also changes your anti squat so if you have a setting you like you will need to drop it one dot along with the plate.
Great point about the LRC's affecting anti-squat--didn't think about that but won't forget it!!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casketman
Has anyone used the Aluminum rear drive shaft? I just replaced my twice bent stock drive shaft so I wonder if the aluminum one is any better.
Id like to know as well. Both Fr/Rr are bent on mine.. not bad just enough to make the breaks slop around.. Now i cant imagine any kind of aluminum being a cure for bent drive shafts since alum is a softer metal...
Old 07-27-2014, 06:01 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cappy
Id like to know as well. Both Fr/Rr are bent on mine.. not bad just enough to make the breaks slop around.. Now i cant imagine any kind of aluminum being a cure for bent drive shafts since alum is a softer metal...
Take em out , tap them back flat and put em back in. I doubt the aluminum ones will be more resistant to bending.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK
Yes Danny you could combine this with the LRC insets but it gives a ton of anti squat at that point without a lower anti squat plate. A bunch of anti squat along with the LRC is usually counterproductive . At least it was on the AE car. Maybe the tekno would react better.
JSK, We recommend running the anti squat setting with single dot inserts down when using the LRC toe plate.

PS. We have been trying to get more setups online for the NB48. We recently posted one of Danny's setups that has a new shock setup as well as the LRC. Please take a look. Buggy reacts very well on copy/rutted tracks. http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...h_med_bite.pdf
Old 07-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cappy
I personally have never bent an aluminum front or rear center drive shaft. I only have to replace the drive shafts when the pins wear.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:50 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

JSK, We recommend running the anti squat setting with single dot inserts down when using the LRC toe plate.
So 2 deg of antisquat. You might try milling up a lower antisquat plate to get
back to 1 deg.

I personally have never bent an aluminum front or rear center drive shaft. I only have to replace the drive shafts when the pins wear.
Thats great to hear. I will add a some to my next order.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattDub
Isn't cheaper to replace pins only instead of whole driveshafts?
Old 07-28-2014, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

finally found time this weekend to get my car al ready to hit the track. It has the aluminum shafts in it and they are pretty beefy, don't see them bending but the test day is Tuesday so we will find out then! I will be heading to former nationals track LCRC Raceway and I cant wait!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

They do seem to be twice as thick as the stock drive shaft.
No clue what caused it for me honestly. Both braces are in and tight. Maybe because I have the engine in the rear?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have bent the steel shaft also with all bracing in, just one of those things. i now run the alu ones, they are beefy looking, but I doubt they would be any stronger than the steel. in saying that, i havent bent one since.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

When I first got the buggy I bent both a stock and aluminum one. w the stock you can at least bend back if you are in a jam but the aluminum once its bent its trash cus it crimps. Ever since changing to running rear engine with the right side rear brace I havent had any issues with bent shafts. And for whoever bent a front shaft, how did you do that, theres so much bracing in the front?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have not bent any of the stock drive shafts on my NB or NT. I must be lucky!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
Isn't cheaper to replace pins only instead of whole driveshafts?
Only recommend replacing pins in an emergency situation when a replacement drive shaft isn't available. Drive shafts aren't that expensive and don't want the possibility of the pin to loosen and fall out due to replacement.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
Only recommend replacing pins in an emergency situation when a replacement drive shaft isn't available. Drive shafts aren't that expensive and don't want the possibility of the pin to loosen and fall out due to replacement.
I have ran almost every car out here and never seen a pin come out due to replacement. The pin removal tool press them in and the tolerance is extremely tight. You can do your whole car for under $10.Just my $0.02

Last edited by offroad dude; 07-28-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.