Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot bodies d8t vs kyosho strr evo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hot bodies d8t vs kyosho strr evo?

Hello, I'm new on the forum. After researching and more researching, I couldn't find exactly what I was lookin for so I decided to ask the question myself. After runnin losi forever, me and my brother decided to swop over to hot bodies, since It was putting out better results and is a heck of a lot cheaper than the new losi 3.0. But I was at the psycho nitro blast this year in unadilla ga, and some guys were runnin the kyosho. After watchin them run, I became really impressed with it, especially of how well it turned. Cody King was turning Circles around Adam drake. I guess what I wanna know is how is the handling between the d8t compared to the strr evo? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not sure about the d8t but the strr has the most steering of any truggy i have ever drove.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah that's what my brother was tellin me. I was hopin the d8t had somewhat similar steering. If not I'd prolly try the kyosho sometime in the future.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

I don't have the d8t but I do have a d8 don't get the car parts wear fast not a lot of steering kyosho is known for performance I would get the kyosho
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I'm leaning more towards the kyosho, but the hot bodies fits my budget way better than the kyosho. Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll go with the kyosho later on in the future. I'm lookin forward to trying something else other than tlr. maybe I'll improve on lap times
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

kyosho, if you look back its still the same original design, just like the mp9, the old style "c-hub" etc

the older designs such as mugen(the simple stuff like wide chassis, and not changing away from thier main idea such as pillow ball for mugen an chub for kyosho) are still the superior cars available.

kyosho and mugen are the companys that are RC racing in general. Performance and durability and quality, sure they cost more but in reality you are getting real 1/8 history, they know what they are doing.

those same two brands are also the same two that are basically: do it once and do it right.

as above comments have said, the hotbodies are good cars but they wear stupid fast... seen alot of them have issues.

all in all, buy the kyosho STRR-EVO.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Plus all the hopups come with the kyosho. Buy it build it then win with it. Nothing extra needed parts wise.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

So the kyosho is a winner right out of the box? I've been on Ty tessmans website and I know he does a lot of modifying to get his cars to handle the way they do. Maybe I should just be patient and wait for the kyosho.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

There is a couple parts that are nice to have like the front c hubs and rear hubs. Also the threaded hinge pins but they are not a got to have to win races. Some will agree with me and some won't.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

also... eclips are better durability wise then captured... reason kanai uses them.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

I.ran.Hb Last Year... The Truck Is Awesome... Tye.runs A.basically Stock Truck... Just.makes His Own Towers... And I Ran Tekno.axle Stubs With Retaining Clips... Buuuuuuut I Went.back To Mugen Again This Year... The New mbx6tR Steers Phenomenal... This May Be An Optin For You To Consider... Tough As Steel...Drives Awesome.... And Is A CoupleHundred Less Than A Kyosho.... Just Something To Think About.. But If You Do Get One Make Sure ITs The New R Version. Its Way Better Than A Regular 6t
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Everyone is leaning more towards kyosho. I have a friend who is sponsored by hot bodies, he runs okay with it. I always had problems with stripping diffs in the losi, I dnt wanna switch over to hb and have to same if not worse problems. Oh and I've heard that you spend a lot of money for the kyosho but the parts are cheaper. Is that true?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

surprisingly kyosho parts are not that bad in price other then some of the steel/alloy/ti parts but this is because they are made of the highest quality and usally last 2-3 times longer then other brands.

kyosho plastic parts are cheaper then most other brands...

shim the diffs to have a slight high spot at points of rotation let it wear in then recheck after about 1/2 a gallon, should be smooth and free with basically no play.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool, I'll have to talk with my brother about which brand to go to. We like to run the same brand so we won't have to stock up on parts for two different chassis. I'm REALLY interested in kyosho.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Get the D8T awesome truggy for the price all the hopups you really need for a start are alloy rear hubs. Ebay is full of D8 and D8T parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.