Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holly cow!!! 929 for a kyosho roller!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

And I get at the retail level it's a tough gig. I didn't make it clear, I'm talking from the whole sale asspect, The factory and the dist... I bet it's a little higher than 20%....
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And then people wonder why the hobby hasn't taken off like it should have it.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
Who knows the politics of it, but all of our heads would probably explode if we knew the profit margins on ANY kit...
I know some owners my self lets just say you have to sell A lot of kits to pay the rent!!! crazy Ain't It.....15 to 20 % profit margin wonder why the LHS are closing Still Never thought I would see a race roller from Kyosho except for there RTR's
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hand built by japanese virgins? sounds like a bargain.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RePeTe
hand built by japanese virgins? sounds like a bargain.
lol.. funny I can picture it bunch of guys in white scrubs in sterile room building RC cars....And at the end of the 24 hour work day Kani comes in and gives the Nay or Yay on them
again not Hating....on Kyosho just having some fun, got nothing but love for Kyosho and Yuichi great car! great product support! top notch quality bar-none
Next to Serpent
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

they did the same thing for the tki2 they offered a limited amount of pre built kits to save people the hassle of building a kit and I'm sure they save some money by not packaging up all the parts
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

With the new cars getting better and better, it is getting harder to justify the $300-$400 markup. Sure, maybe K was at the top of the world before, but the playing field is equal now. If my lap times are the same with the K car vs a (any other car), I'm just paying extra for the "heritage" of the Inferno line. Some people are happy with that, and there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Let's play Devil's advocate, assuming Kani builds the car 100% per instruction manual without adding any "secret tweaks" not included in the box/manual, what exactly am I benefiting from having someone else "look over" my car that I could of done myself?

Not hating on k-cars, yes they are nice, I'm more outraged by the laziness and willingness to pay a "convenience fee" to have someone else work on your car.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by redbones
With the new cars getting better and better, it is getting harder to justify the $300-$400 markup. Sure, maybe K was at the top of the world before, but the playing field is equal now. If my lap times are the same with the K car vs a (any other car), I'm just paying extra for the "heritage" of the Inferno line. Some people are happy with that, and there is nothing wrong with it.
yupyup I agree!!!
For me I bought and ran the tki3 Just my lap times are way better with the Snake....
Old 03-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
And I get at the retail level it's a tough gig. I didn't make it clear, I'm talking from the whole sale asspect, The factory and the dist... I bet it's a little higher than 20%....
I was blown away when I heard how small the margins on the kits were. There are easier ways to make 60 bucks.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Let's play Devil's advocate, assuming Kani builds the car 100% per instruction manual without adding any "secret tweaks" not included in the box/manual, what exactly am I benefiting from having someone else "look over" my car that I could of done myself?

Not hating on k-cars, yes they are nice, I'm more outraged by the laziness and willingness to pay a "convenience fee" to have someone else work on your car.
Kanai is not building the kars.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Limited edition + Collection + Die Hard Fans....
Old 03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I always find it funny how people bitch about the $900 price for the kyosho but they will go and spend $600 on a buggy and then $200-$300 in hop ups and think they got such a better deal price wise. The stock kyosho is the exact same buggy that tebo and king runs the only difference is Lunsford turnbuckles and titanium screw kit
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yeah, no way I am letting anyone build my Kyosho. Seriously though, I got mine on a black Friday special last year for 100 off the " normal price" of 899. That was a bit easier to justify. 5 months post-purchase my opinion is it is the best car I've owned. I would think they would bring the priced down though.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jammin57
I always find it funny how people bitch about the $900 price for the kyosho but they will go and spend $600 on a buggy and then $200-$300 in hop ups and think they got such a better deal price wise. The stock kyosho is the exact same buggy that tebo and king runs the only difference is Lunsford turnbuckles and titanium screw kit
100% Agree with you! Most of the people are watching the list price and did not realize that after few weeks (especially when was read all topics here) they will spend same or almost the same money for their car.

I have very good friend with Serpent Buggy... for the moment he was pay for Serpent more than I was pay for the TKI3... I can`t remember all steps but 811 Stock, Team Edition, Version 2.0... he buy all this parts to improve the Cobra and now after we make few calculations... It`s easy and cheap (and more effective in my opinion) to buy TKI3 and to start wining than to buy Cobra and then to follow all engineers ideas and bug fixes....

I`m not familiar with Mugen MBX7, but if we compare to previous MBX6R and TKI3 - after you add few tuning parts to Mugen (that Kyosho have in the box) the price become almost the same. Sample is -Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier.

And at the end - This hobby/sport is one way... you always give money and never take it back.... engines, fuel, spare parts, tuning parts, hotels... there is no winner here or at least not from our (racers/customer) side.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.