Nitro version
Now I'm really undecided that 2wd buggy
Looks pretty cool.
I think I'm beyond addicted to this hobby now
Lol
Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Well get a 2nd hand serpent or mugen truggy then when the new mbx7t come out then go to that
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Of the brands you said get the HB D8T. If you were never going to race it would be different, but right now they are dirt cheap. I am going to get one as a spare truggy, heck Ty just won with the thing if that doesn't tell you how good it is. I also know Losi is also dirt cheap at $300 and it is a great truggy, I have one and love everything about it but the rear end. I changed over to buggy rear ends and have never looked back. Some say it wears out but the Losi is a great mill, I used to only run Losi but with the new change I got a bit frustrated and am changing brands, nothing with their cars, just other issues. If you want a really good truggy, as others have said XRay or Mugen are the best but like you I don't want to spend another $600 on a truggy, $300 sounds much better to me
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its kinda funny the guys recommending the serpent ask them how much parts cost for these truggies compare that to how much they cost for a d8t just check on the most common parts that break front arms, rear arms, hinge pins its funny they dont mention the cost of replacment parts so do your own research
Old 03-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

True. The serpent is more expensive. No doubting that. The only thing I have broken on the serpent was a rear wing mount and front shock tower. Everything else I bought was setup stuff. Nothing on the serpent has wore out on me yet. Better materials.
I did like my D8T when I had it just frustrated by how everything wore out.
1/8 racing is not cheap. Don't matter if u start with a $300 kit or $600.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlesnitrotek
i don't know how much your willing to spend but the losi e8ght-t is a good truggy..amain has a rtr for $509 with a really good radio.
This is what most people would say to do^ however if you have the extra money just buy the kit because you can buy them on here right now for somewhere between 320-350 shipped no taxes, it comes with a lot more quality parts then the rtr but you have to buy engine radio and servos and everything in between.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

From the original post, it sounds like a Losi 8T 2.0 RTR would be perfect. Definitely better than the HPI Trophy et al, and upgradeable later.

And nobody should doubt it or pretend it's otherwise - racing is expensive. Tires(3-4 sets..), spares, guys with muliple backup engines, your own work table to port around, and god knows what else.. You really can't get sensibly into it for under a grand.. And that's with a budget-end engine like a Werks B2 or something, and middle-of-the-range Savox servos, and a low-mid level radio.... Kit, engine, pipe, servos, radio, starter box, two sets of tires, few key spares, receiver/starter box/glow ignitor/radio batteries, some decent tools, and the list goes on...