Glow Plugs

Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Glow Plugs

Okay so one of the suggestions in a different post of mine was to get a hotter glow plug to possibly help with the tuning problem. In the process of doing this i realize that i don't know how "hot" of a glow plug is already in it to begin with. So i have a couple questions if any of you would be so kind.

1. is there any way for me to fine out what kind / how hot of a plug is already in it.

2. when getting a new plug should i go as "hot" as i can get one?

3. the "hotter" they are the quicker they were out or?

4. And finally will all plugs fit or do i need to be looking in my manual for a specific one?

Any suggestions on which plug i should get? I also dont need the chart you guys have already provided to me in the last post so thank you. i ahve been looking at it.

(onfna nexx 8t Truggy) with the .32 engine.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acecom1
Okay so one of the suggestions in a different post of mine was to get a hotter glow plug to possibly help with the tuning problem. In the process of doing this i realize that i don't know how "hot" of a glow plug is already in it to begin with. So i have a couple questions if any of you would be so kind.

1. is there any way for me to fine out what kind / how hot of a plug is already in it.

2. when getting a new plug should i go as "hot" as i can get one?

3. the "hotter" they are the quicker they were out or?

4. And finally will all plugs fit or do i need to be looking in my manual for a specific one?

Any suggestions on which plug i should get? I also dont need the chart you guys have already provided to me in the last post so thank you. i ahve been looking at it.

(onfna nexx 8t Truggy) with the .32 engine.
the force .32 uses a standard plug, pull your plug and check it for a number on it, 51010 is a hot plug and 51011 is a medium plug for ofna it will be one of those two, i wouldnt go straight to the hottest plug i would work up one step at a time until you find one that your engine/fuel combo likes.