R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default truggy sticking wide open?? please help

Hello guys, new to the site.. been in R/c Cars for a while. Just recently bought a 4.6 hpi truggy. have ran 6 tanks through it and all of a sudden the servo got all twitchy so i went and bought two new hi tech servos after i sent my truggy back to hpi and they didnt do anything about it breaking after it got stuck wide open and smashed everyrthing in sight. they gave me the junkest servos ive ever seen but they did send me all the parts to fix it after i called and complained . i took out the truggy yesterday with everything new in stalled and a failsafe and it would go about 20 feet then decide to be stuck around half throttle. could this possibly be my reciever and remote? im clueless at this point.
BlantonBx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Could also be your power cutting out, check all wiring from battery to receiver.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It sounds like a TX/RX problem.

You didn't cut your antenna wire did you?
BillyT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlantonBx8 View Post
Hello guys, new to the site.. been in R/c Cars for a while. Just recently bought a 4.6 hpi truggy. have ran 6 tanks through it and all of a sudden the servo got all twitchy so i went and bought two new hi tech servos after i sent my truggy back to hpi and they didnt do anything about it breaking after it got stuck wide open and smashed everyrthing in sight. they gave me the junkest servos ive ever seen but they did send me all the parts to fix it after i called and complained . i took out the truggy yesterday with everything new in stalled and a failsafe and it would go about 20 feet then decide to be stuck around half throttle. could this possibly be my reciever and remote? im clueless at this point.
I'm assuming your RX battery is charged and in perfect working condition? Just because it's new does not mean it's taking a proper charge.

Have you checked the carb slide to see if it's getting hung up with nothing connected to it? Have you positioned the carb in the spot where it opens the smoothest and makes the most sense with the servo? Do you have a return spring on? You have to troubleshoot the entire thing.
.....// (..)//
....//___// Support NRA!
got_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote