Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Losi Racing 8ight 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default First race and win with the new 3.0

We had our first round of nationals last weekend. The track was awesome, high bite, and with some astroturf sections. I Started 6th for the final, worked my way to the lead and kept the lead to the end. Here's a video (low grade) Fastforward to 24.15 cameraman pics me up at the corner. the car worked good all day, changed shock oil to F35/R30 and used short rear links (#3 on tower)

Oh... didn't realize that I cant post URL:s. Well, anyway. I won. Car was good.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Can't wait to have my 3.0 in house, package will arrive sometime this week hopefully Will be good to comeback to TLR after some time with other brands just to have tried that and it just confirmed that i am a TLR Lover
Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
You know how you can tell how good this car is? There is nothing to post. It works great and doesn't break. Not much need for set-up help or complaining about something breaking. Losi hit a homerun on this.
+1 I still have not broken or damaged anything... Knock on wood. Very strong buggy
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
You know how you can tell how good this car is? There is nothing to post. It works great and doesn't break. Not much need for set-up help or complaining about something breaking. Losi hit a homerun on this.
lol i managed to break it yesterday but i can honestly say it was my fault. i was able to snap a hinge pin and bend a shock shaft
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn213
lol i managed to break it yesterday but i can honestly say it was my fault. i was able to snap a hinge pin and bend a shock shaft
Give us some details on the crash. Had to be a crazy hit. Mine has taken some wicked abuse and is yet to give me a DNF. Last week 7 out of 12 cars broke and I finished 2nd in the Amain after qualifying 6th. I'm still working on getting this car dialed. Looking forward to this weekend. Think I'm going to leave my nitro SCT home this weekend and spend time getting to know this buggy. My fastest lap was 2 seconds faster than my 2.0 so I know the drivability is there.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoePit
Give us some details on the crash. Had to be a crazy hit. Mine has taken some wicked abuse and is yet to give me a DNF. Last week 7 out of 12 cars broke and I finished 2nd in the Amain after qualifying 6th. I'm still working on getting this car dialed. Looking forward to this weekend. Think I'm going to leave my nitro SCT home this weekend and spend time getting to know this buggy. My fastest lap was 2 seconds faster than my 2.0 so I know the drivability is there.
it was a bad crash for shure, i was about 12 or 15 feet in the air and hit on one wheel at a bad angle, i heard it snap from about 200 feet away, the car rolled to its wheels i was planing on just pulling it off the track. but it drove and handled alright i finished the 2 min left of the race and i hit the same jump again as the race director said i was finished, as soon as i hit the jump face the hinge pin let go i did everything i could do to try to correct it in the air. it did a barrel roll and a back flip and hit hard enough to rip the front body mount out of a proline bulldog body. but the broken parts are definitly my fault. with all that said i love this buggy.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I bent a shock shaft when another car drove full speed into the front of mine. No shock in the world would have survived that impact. That is the only crash damage so far. The shaft looked like a banana afterwards.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Joining the 3.0 club. Ordered it up for my Son. He is stoked.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Joining the 3.0 club. Ordered it up for my Son. He is stoked.
Awesome Dish! I'm serious about helping Martin build the kit if he wants to.

I'll get him all dialed in, he'll be my new prodigy! look out Arizona
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
+1
Hey Don I really want to get out to SD and race with you guys. That track look like a beast! What is the schedule?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Hey Don I really want to get out to SD and race with you guys. That track look like a beast! What is the schedule?
Would be great to have you visit. We have 2 AKA series races left, an endurance race coming soon, a soon to be announced summer/fall series, JBRL round 5, Sidewinder nitro explosion, and ROAR Region 12 race. Check our website and the calendar.

cvrcraceclub.com
Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Could i get some good feed back on the 3.0 to the xray 2013 car please. Not sure what to run has anyone ran both or know people who have thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Awesome Dish! I'm serious about helping Martin build the kit if he wants to.

I'll get him all dialed in, he'll be my new prodigy! look out Arizona
Hey thanks for the help This is going to be AWESOMEI am down for it!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Would be great to have you visit. We have 2 AKA series races left, an endurance race coming soon, a soon to be announced summer/fall series, JBRL round 5, Sidewinder nitro explosion, and ROAR Region 12 race. Check our website and the calendar.

cvrcraceclub.com
I just looked at your schedule and ill be in Cali end of June. I'm gonna try to make the charity race
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by mlbright
Does anyone have any feedback on how planted the rear end is of the 3.0 with the right setup and tires take in to consideration. Anyone have the chance to drive the 3.0 on a slick track yet?
Hey Marlowe

Ive been tuning on the car on a very slick track here in southern Ohio and it's awesome! Setup is somewhat similar to stock with a few minor changes with camber link locations, shock oil, and diff oils. It's definitely better on any surface I've been on compared to the 2.0 car. It's a lot more forgiving and you can push the car very hard. It soaks up the bumps very well. The rear end is locked in (obviously with the right tires). If anything, I find myself trying to get the rear end to free up at some tracks.

Dylan Gerard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.