Search

Losi 8 3.0 IS HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitboss
I am also wondering if you will be able to upgrade a 2.0 to a 3.0
I think it would be a nice option if an update kit were made available in which all the new parts are incorporated. I can imagine that it would be a pretty penny but it should be less than a complete kit. I'm sure many will want a brand new kit, but for me I'm just hoping to save a few $$$ if I can. That is if it makes sense dollars and cents wise to the manufacturer.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ammo
Metric I hope!
I doubt it too. Given they are using the gen III tray in this model I dont think they would have changed the moldings, etc
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Piece it together it will be more than a kit.

The shocks alone will be pushing $200
Chassis $150 ish
Lighten Spur $30
Lighten out drives $20 per set x 3
Shock tower 35 each
Dog bones 30 each
Front and rear hinge pin holder 70
Not including new arms, ackerman, wing, body, spindle set, wing mount, ect...

It would have been better for me if they left off the option parts.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those price estimates are pretty high. You can buy a complete set of 2.0 shocks for 100. Add maybe 25% for the new stuff in the shocks. Losi chassis plates run right around 100. I could go on, but you get the point.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Piece it together it will be more than a kit.

The shocks alone will be pushing $200
Chassis $150 ish
Lighten Spur $30
Lighten out drives $20 per set x 3
Shock tower 35 each
Dog bones 30 each
Front and rear hinge pin holder 70
Not including new arms, ackerman, wing, body, spindle set, wing mount, ect...

It would have been better for me if they left off the option parts.
Well I already have lightened out drives on all my diffs, already have the lightened spur, and I already have the front and rear adjustable braces. And I don't think anyone is going to be paying $50 a shock. I know I won't be anyways.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The chassis looks I dentical with exception of color...the specs read the same as the 2.0. Basically if you have a 2.0 you are not missing anything from the 3.0....the changes are so minor it's not even worth looking at. Only real upgrade is the caster which can easily swap over and the shocks are a little better also easy swap....the rest...ehh whatever
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoclay
The chassis looks I dentical with exception of color...the specs read the same as the 2.0. Basically if you have a 2.0 you are not missing anything from the 3.0....the changes are so minor it's not even worth looking at. Only real upgrade is the caster which can easily swap over and the shocks are a little better also easy swap....the rest...ehh whatever

You have to change towers to use the shocks. The Geometry is different from the 2.0 also. might look like same car but ask the Mugen mbx7 owners if the 6 is the same as 7.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by motoclay
Really? Watch this video. There ares a lot of things different on the car than you speak of. These changes on the track will be a noticeable difference. But watch this video so you know what has been changed on the car before you go posting things like the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=mKWgTR-ZK5o#!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Really? Watch this video. There ares a lot of things different on the car than you speak of. These changes on the track will be a noticeable difference. But watch this video so you know what has been changed on the car before you go posting things like the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=mKWgTR-ZK5o#!
+1 Exactly!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

As far as the "new" ackerman, well...

Been doin that for a couple years now.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think the thing that most racers are looking at when we are saying there is not much difference is the fact that most of the upgrades outside of the geometry changes are things we have already done. Ackerman rack-done. gen 3 tray-done. Bearing holders-Done. I run the EU so i already have the adjustable hingepin braces-done. The only difference in what I just stopped running and this car is the spindles and the shocks. I would love for someone to lay a new tower on top of the old tower or the EU tower so we can see the difference by the way. I am curious to see how far the holes are moved. Don't try to sell me on a body or a wing either. That is crap that gets replaced in a month or two of racing anyway. Who actually runs the stock body anyway? Dogbones are a nice option, but I would never put them on. Too much wear and maintenance. I remember having to replace outdrives and pins all the time in the old days. No thanks.

I guess if you had a box stock 2.0 and you were thinking about the 3.0 it would be a huge difference. No one is running stock 2.0's anymore though. It is an old chassis. Well good luck to everyone who tries it. I am sure it will be better than the 2.0 was.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

I still like the HB d8-12 better sorry ill buy one of those or stick with my old 2.0 $700 aint going to make me faster. Not imprested
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's the answer to my own hopeful plea for a conversion kit from a 2.0 to a 3.0 it's a NO, it won't be offered. Buy a new kit or upgrade piece by piece to your own content. Makes sense in a way I guess.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickdawg18
As far as the "new" ackerman, well...

Been doin that for a couple years now.
that is cool... you should've patented that. Lol
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What bearings are you using to do the Ackerman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.