Wiki Posts
Search

Associated?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea but if i remember theres a lot of guys who run Frankenstein buggys on what there driving by running a diffrent manf parts on them . I dont really think it relates to regular joe drivers.

MX: Man its the same with Losi etc with people buying them and selling them on Ebay and the parts also . If Associated wanted to sell more parts than it would need to be lower quality like the 1/8 cough Losis . But i like that they dont go to that route and make theres with better quality !

Freekin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

I'd really li.ke to see the RC8T with lightened diffs and get rid of the shock stand offs. I think they hurt rough track handling.

I like the AE lineup, but I like to mod for my own reasons. I rarely do a mod because a pro does. Its more to suit my own needs. I was already trying a Kyosho setup on my .2 because of the cost of the upgrade parts and the geometry seemed better. Too much modding involved so I abandoned that project. The AE guys seem to run their shocks too light. they are always bouncing around everywhere even with Kyaesho shocks on lol.

the rc8.2 is still competitive for an average racer. I hardly race these days and at big races I can still turn laps as fast as other expert drivers.
The low b plate make the steering more sensitive, but the rear doesn't feel loose to me. I can flat out drive the thing and like how it handles. stop throwing your wheels left/right and the rear won't be loose. I haven't driven with the new upgrade parts but they seem to take some of the sensitivity out.

with that being said I may go to a Mugen. That worlds display was embarrassing, but I'd rather see them finish lower with their own parts than go out like they did.

who knows if AE will drop their line up. Hard to see them bow out now, but time will tell..
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Dosen't seem like Mugen hit a home run yet. Many people are complaining about the fuel tanks cracking and leaking, one person said 5 in 1 day. They also said it didn't even appear to be the same tank they were running at the worlds. A tank must be pretty hard to make didn't the mugens have tank problems on the mbx6 also.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra
Freekin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

You can laugh all you want to but you know its true.
I would know also.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
You can laugh all you want to but you know its true.
I would know also.
No, It's not.

I'd pick a Losi over and AE any day. Especially if we're talking durability and wear. Replace the camber rods, shock ends, and rod balls with Xray/Mugen parts and the Losi is a tank.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Buy whatever turns your crank. Drive it, learn it, piss and moan about it, but at the end of the day, have fun with it! Isn't that the point? Some people just take this WAY to seriously. Its a hobby for 99.9% of us!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Morpheus847
Dosen't seem like Mugen hit a home run yet. Many people are complaining about the fuel tanks cracking and leaking, one person said 5 in 1 day. They also said it didn't even appear to be the same tank they were running at the worlds. A tank must be pretty hard to make didn't the mugens have tank problems on the mbx6 also.
Sorry, but you cant bring up bad fuel tanks in a 1/8 Associated thread. I beleive we're on revision #15 currently.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by sschultz
Buy whatever turns your crank. Drive it, learn it, piss and moan about it, but at the end of the day, have fun with it! Isn't that the point? Some people just take this WAY to seriously. Its a hobby for 99.9% of us!

+1
Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

True.

But I like racing with my friends. And I really don't like watching my friends break down constantly with crappy products. Then I have no one to race with.

I feel that half the RC companies out there are just ripping us off completely. So I scream and moan about certain products in hopes my friends at the track, and on here won't make the same mistakes I did.

It's way more fun to buy good quality stuff 1st, and replace it due to wear and crash damage. It's not much fun when an expensive product "RX8's" into pieces through no fault of your own.

There's good advice and bad advice here. It's good to hear it all, and then decide for ourselfs what to do.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

It is a hobby for most of us, BUT, a hobby where you spend thousands of dollars a year, I take that very serious. Go talk to some model train builders and see how "serious" they take their hobby. RC racing is all about competition, and with competition, comes all the baby stuff. Its the way it is...

I wont complain about no chassis, as Ive been beat by they all. The companies would not be in business if they didnt sell. Just because a person dont like something that dont mean the product is not good or dont work for others.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Sorry, but you cant bring up bad fuel tanks in a 1/8 Associated thread. I beleive we're on revision #15 currently.
LOL Really, Sorry I have only got into this hobby a couple of years ago and recently aquired a rc8 that I mostly upgraded to a 8.2. The main reason I wanted a associated is because everyone at my local track runs a losi I like to be different. My car is completley stock and it handles great for me thats the main thing. As said before just get a car and drive it. If it dosen't suit you sell it and try another.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

I currently have a nitro SC8, RC8T CE, and RC8.2, and previously had the first gen RC8T, RC8 and RC8B. I've never had one single tank issue. Just sayin'..

All of them have been awesome - don't have enough run time on my RC8.2 yet. But I do find if massively annoying how everybody seems obsessed with modding and altering the hell out of it.. The few times I've had it on a track it's been good enough - squirrely rear end, but I haven't had enough time on it to to get used to it really, and adjust myself to it first.. In any case, I don't race as seriously as most. But it is annoying that, as an RC8.2 owner, you're made to feel you have to set off on some Don Quixote jousting-at-windmills neverending mod-quest for it... Legitimate or not, the thread here at rctech, and all the stuff the pros have been doing(and not winning with anyway) does very, very little to inspire confidence in the RC8.2..

But quality-wise, and in terms of toughness and reliability, AE is excellent in my experience.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 01-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
True.

But I like racing with my friends. And I really don't like watching my friends break down constantly with crappy products. Then I have no one to race with.

I feel that half the RC companies out there are just ripping us off completely. So I scream and moan about certain products in hopes my friends at the track, and on here won't make the same mistakes I did.

It's way more fun to buy good quality stuff 1st, and replace it due to wear and crash damage. It's not much fun when an expensive product "RX8's" into pieces through no fault of your own.

There's good advice and bad advice here. It's good to hear it all, and then decide for ourselfs what to do.
I certainty don't have issues with my stuff breaking down and wearing out. I ran my stuff HARD and have never broke anything. I cart wheeled across a paved parking lot catching at least 5 feet of air after hitting a pothole at WOT. A couple scuffs on the wing is the only damage that occurred. When I see people whining about reliability of an 8b or 8.2 I just have to believe it was not put together right in the first place. The only maintenance I do in the summer months is engine, clutch, and wheel bearings. I'd call that reliable.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37

Lol
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
No, It's not.

I'd pick a Losi over and AE any day. Especially if we're talking durability and wear. Replace the camber rods, shock ends, and rod balls with Xray/Mugen parts and the Losi is a tank.
The Losi wears out 10 times faster then the ae does. Back when Steve and Louie webber and the whole gang ran losi, they were nothing but slop. My ae is still tight and never like a losi. And I've seen half the guys that run at uniontown and they can't drive for crap. If they could drive. Then they wouldn't break!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.