Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
whats a grp .21 and pipe worth? >

whats a grp .21 and pipe worth?

whats a grp .21 and pipe worth?

Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default whats a grp .21 and pipe worth?

just got a buggy that has a grp.21 and pipe in it that doesnt have a whole lot of use, still has great compression and is in good shape, looking to go another route motor wise and was wondering if someone could shed some light on what it may be worth?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Which model sport or tuned version? Sliver or orange head, also when selling a item that you didn't buy new it should be described in a specific manner , breaking down the motor for a complete inspection would be wise.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

They aren't avail any longer. I'm not sure if parts are or not, I would have to say they aren't and that pipe is a fast link type with orings. The orings typically beat up and become brittle, the. The pipe leaks. I ran several grp's and they are great on mileage, a little soft on the bottom but solid running mills.

To answer your question a used engine with ??? gallons of fuel through it. I would say not much $75 w pipe might be optimistic. That's if it runs well and has no issues with p/s/r crank or bearings.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I ran a tuned for a long time and actually just gave it to a friend of mine where it continues to kick ass. Great engines and you can get pistons/sleeves for them under a different brand name now. I never had a single issue with it and ran it in my truggy. I didnt find them soft on the bottom end but they have an very smooth power band which can fool you into thinking they're lazy. The pipe is great, I wish all of them were made like that. They're amazingly quiet as well, something I sure miss with my current setup lol. Not sure what you're running right now but if it isnt a top of the line mill, you just might want to try that 'ol GRP!