Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Initiate

i think the track looks ace rougher the better but on the customs thing my kid brother worked like a dog for two years saving to hit the states for a month of skating with the whole trip aranged sofa surfing his way around he arrived with two an a half grand in his pocket a rucksack and deck and got put on a plane straight back home 19yrs old no police history or anything good ol usa
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If the track does not get all blown out, which looks like it will, I think the racing will actually be pretty good. I've def seen tracks that would be better fit for the worlds but it is what it is i guess.

The latest news Neo is putting out is not very good at all. No Marshalls during timed Q, white powder being put on the track messing with drivers times & tire choices? And worst of all a Marshall got hit in the head, knocked out, and taken to the hospital with no updates on his condition yet. Aren't they required to wear helmets? Well if this doesn't bring it down another notch I don't know what will? sad....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by biggerT
on the customs thing my kid brother worked like a dog for two years saving to hit the states for a month of skating with the whole trip aranged sofa surfing his way around he arrived with two an a half grand in his pocket a rucksack and deck and got put on a plane straight back home 19yrs old no police history or anything good ol usa
Exactly my point. So I don't think it's fair for the US guys to be dishing it out towards the argies, when they don't keep their own house in order.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Exactly my point. So I don't think it's fair for the US guys to be dishing it out towards the argies, when they don't keep their own house in order.
We in America don't want a-hole security either. We don't want be seen butt naked while being irradiated at the same time, or our kids to be groped by pedos. We have enough issues at home, we don't need it elsewhere. Don't copy us...

Anyway, at this point, anyone could win. Who was fast yesterday is at the bottom of the list today. That's the kind of excitement and unpredictable outcome is what makes the worlds fun I guess. Don't know what is going on with track management though. No marshals? Doesn't even happen on club level.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

quite boring so far and live rc sucks. very hard to watch with it crashing every 5-10 minutes. last week it never crashed. am i doing something wrong or is it crashing on everyone
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

What is wrong with this event? I guess you have to have the worst race to have the best race later...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dooug1960
quite boring so far and live rc sucks. very hard to watch with it crashing every 5-10 minutes. last week it never crashed. am i doing something wrong or is it crashing on everyone
Not just you. I haven't been able to get on at all.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i had no trouble watching the last 6 heats of round 2
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

LiveRC asked for a 12mb pipe. They got a 2mb feed at the start and then it went to a 1mb feed. The feed failed completely and the Internet crew showed up, watched the races and then left.

But don't blame the Argentines. No, that wouldn't be nice.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hate it for liverc because i know how much of a pita it is to broadcast somehting like this even when you have a good reliable internet pipe available. In a foreign country and at the mercy of the locals to get stuff fixed... I'm sure it's a nightmare. Goof luck to them and I hope they get it sorted out before the mains.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MX304
Not just you. I haven't been able to get on at all.
well i might just as well of not got on very choppy, audio sucks even worse. i just turned off the audio as it was very annoying. i guess its not live rc fault but between it crashing and choppy video its really a waste of time to watch. i feel sorry for all the other people who pay and get to see it the way i am
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dooug1960
well i might just as well of not got on very choppy, audio sucks even worse. i just turned off the audio as it was very annoying. i guess its not live rc fault but between it crashing and choppy video its really a waste of time to watch. i feel sorry for all the other people who pay and get to see it the way i am
Maybe RClive should have done Pre-Worlds testing also. They need to think this over on the next Worlds because this is what us competitors of the sport want to see. Hopefully internet will be a far better set-up for the world. We can crash Atoms into each other and find dark matter but yet we can't keep cables plugged in, go fig.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -R2-
Maybe RClive should have done Pre-Worlds testing also. They need to think this over on the next Worlds because this is what us competitors of the sport want to see. Hopefully internet will be a far better set-up for the world. We can crash Atoms into each other and find dark matter but yet we can't keep cables plugged in, go fig.
+1
Old 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

I believe that too many of us in the USA take too much for granted. Too much of what we have/get is assumed to be available in other places. Argentina is not a top drawer country. 99% of the poor quality from LiveRC at the World's is due to poor infrastructure and a lack of planning from the host club. Many told IFMAR of the possible problems, but for the sake of PC, Argentina got the nod.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I believe that too many of us in the USA take too much for granted. Too much of what we have/get is assumed to be available in other places. Argentina is not a top drawer country. 99% of the poor quality from LiveRC at the World's is due to poor infrastructure and a lack of planning from the host club. Many told IFMAR of the possible problems, but for the sake of PC, Argentina got the nod.
Well said!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.