Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Worlds track layout.  What do you think? >

Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Worlds track layout. What do you think?

Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
If you heard the story of how Maifield had to pay $500 for a duffle bag full of clothes (after telling them they could keep the bag) you know that customs was wacked.
If I wish to go to the US of A, I first have to go online and pay like $50 for an ESTA application.
I will have to answer lots of questions like, have you ever been involved in the persecution of jews, are you a war criminal, have you ever partaken in organized crime, do you have any connections to terrorists, have you ever been convicted of a crime, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME, etc. You also have to provide addresses for your stay. It's a lot of work if you're just going on a 10 day holiday trip.

Then when I arrive in the US I have to stand in line for two hours before it is my turn.
Then when it is my turn I will be faced by a very unpleasant and not very polite person.
This person then gives you the third degree interrogation.
Do you have any money? How much money? Do you have credit cards? Name a few places you intend to visit on your stay? etc etc etc etc.

If you do not have at least a thousand dollars cash and four or five credit cards, you risk being returned to your homeland at your own expense, immediately.
If you can not name ten thousand different places you intend to visit, and they must all be touristy places otherwise you are not credible as a tourist, then you risk being returned immediately.
If you for some reason omitted mentioning on your application that you once in the year 1983 received a speeding ticket on the highway, you risk being returned immediately at your own expense.
If for some reason you have ever been charged with a crime you didn't do, and were not guilty of, that may also be enough to cause you to be returned immediately at your own expense.
(FTR, I have never been charged with a crime and I have no police record.)

And so on, and so on, and so on.

Before you go belittling Argentineans, maybe you should look at your own country's practices, and how you continually belittle every single visitor to your country. Those people at the border control represent your country, you are the people the voters, so you decide that this practice should be in place. If you didn't want it, you could stop it. But you obviously do.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
If I wish to go to the US of A, I first have to go online and pay like $50 for an ESTA application.
I will have to answer lots of questions like, have you ever been involved in the persecution of jews, are you a war criminal, have you ever partaken in organized crime, do you have any connections to terrorists, have you ever been convicted of a crime, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME, etc. You also have to provide addresses for your stay. It's a lot of work if you're just going on a 10 day holiday trip.

Then when I arrive in the US I have to stand in line for two hours before it is my turn.
Then when it is my turn I will be faced by a very unpleasant and not very polite person.
Do you have any money? How much money? Do you have credit cards? Name a few places you intend to visit on your stay? etc etc etc etc.

If you do not have at least a thousand dollars cash and four or five credit cards, you risk being returned to your homeland at your own expense, immediately.
If you can not name ten thousand different places you intend to visit, and they must all be touristy places otherwise you are not credible as a tourist, then you risk being returned immediately.
If you for some reason omitted mentioning on your application that you once in the year 1983 received a speeding ticket on the highway, you risk being returned immediately at your own expense.
If for some reason you have ever been charged with a crime you didn't do, and were not guilty of, that may also be enough to cause you to be returned immediately at your own expense.

Before you go belittling Argentineans, maybe you should look at your own country's practices, and how you continually belittle every single visitor to your country. Those people at the border control represent your country, you are the people the voters, so you decide that this practice should be in place. If you didn't want it, you could stop it. But you obviously do.
did american customs steal your luggage, tell you they stole your luggage and then shake you down for $500 also?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

They can happily steal your entire holiday which you've paid for, by immediately returning you, and then making you pay for it.
If you've paid $2000 for a holiday, then returned at your own expense for $1500-2000, isn't that a whole lot worse than $500 for some clothing?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys take it to facebook.

Back on the track

I personally like the track, heck I like any track. Just give me my car, radio and a case of Nitro and I will run it.

I look to see some very very close racing in the finals. that is if LiveRC can get back up
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why not starting a positive thread?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So did you holiday get stolen? Tell us the whole story please.

They can happily steal your entire holiday which you've paid for, by immediately returning you, and then making you pay for it.
If you've paid $2000 for a holiday, then returned at your own expense for $1500-2000, isn't that a whole lot worse than $500 for some clothing?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh and on a positive note, it's good to see a test for the racers. Blown out, bumpy, rough all of the above. It's outdoors right? I would like to see some bigger jumps and a few tight sections.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

This really has nothing to do with the Argentine situation.

Good or bad, right or wrong, it's called the rule of law. The laws might be goofy, but they are applied equally. $500 for a duffle bag of clothes, while others get through relatively cheap is not the rule of law. It is banditry. Is it so hard to see the difference? Or is Europe really that different?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Go MUGEN!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the first thing I would do, is hit up the US Embassy in Argentina and complain. But who knows, there might have been more to the story, since this is world of mouth a couple times removed.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Will somebody please get Dakota Phend a fresh new set of glasses? Honestly, those have to be the ugliest set of glasses I have ever seen.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -R2-
I find this Worlds disapointing, there's not much in promotion of the track getting sponsors banners up to show what this race is all about, the last two showed all kinds of manufactures taking every piece of fence and wall out there, shoot the JBRL has way more banners and that's a one day race. Track not so great, looks like they wanted to have SC run after all this high end racing so what does that mean "Why build the track again after the Worlds". Its nice to have speed but you also need some different driver line racing. Looks like everyone has the same line. Last worlds was exciting to watch this race I guess I'll wait to hear it on FB. Truley disapointed.

man i have to agree with R2 here !!!!
i mean it's all good? but when you see what is going with the vids and track?
it is kinda disapointing?
just glad we did not go......but still thinking bout it !! just so we can stream some video of racing !!!!!!!...LOL
like watching a football game with the yo-yo's talking through the game and not showing it !!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK..ok... why donīt we start discussing about the worlds instead of continue talking about customs... Here and everywhere you will find histories complaining about it...
And regarding the organization... please, remember charlotteīs world cup... it was maybe worst than this worlds... and also, you suffered the weather... look at the pic below... where is the plastic cover over the track to avoid this ???

I donīt think that the track didnīt blew with this mud.... and that is the 2nd day of the champinship... Also, if we go to onroad... do you remember Miami ???

Once again, even when you want, you are not always going to run with the best conditions......
Of course many things must be improved, IFMAR will have to take note on everything..... because if not... all the other major events will move the worlds from the calendar....
Anyway... I think its time to start enjoying the worlds... weīll have rain for sure... a track getting harder day by day , but we are supposed to have the greatest race next saturday.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

After reading Neobuggy for several days, it looks like this worlds may be the worst ever. We could still hope for good competition, but its lacking the enthusiasm and interest 1/8th usually brings. I know Thailand put on a good show two years ago. Thailand on the other hand, has RC manufacturing and are heavy into the hobby. How did Argentina get picked? Serious discussion will begin after this Worlds to where and if the current Ifmar strategy will exist. These companies that sponsor the racers have to get involved and help Ifmar make the right moves. The U.S.A, England, and Italy are all good for RC. Lets keep it simple. This hobby is expensive, and hard for the public eye to see. Lets grow it to the best of our ability. My two cents. I am upset I have not been able to see any live action.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
This really has nothing to do with the Argentine situation.

Good or bad, right or wrong, it's called the rule of law. The laws might be goofy, but they are applied equally. $500 for a duffle bag of clothes, while others get through relatively cheap is not the rule of law. It is banditry. Is it so hard to see the difference? Or is Europe really that different?
Generally if you play be the rules you can get in and out of the US without much of a headache. I travel a ton for work. Most of europe is cake to get into. And they all speak english (allmost).

I don't get how anyone can be miffed about asking/answering questions. Oh, ta noes! Not speech, do anything to me, but don't make me talk! Oh, what a terrible burden it is to say "No, I'm not a criminal hell bent on destroying America."

But if you play by the rules in many South American countries you can still get shaken down and ripped off way more often than trouble at the US border. It stinks.

Back to the track: Looks kinda plain and boring. Like a offroad Nascar track. What's the point to a 10' wide lane if the racing line is only 20" across. I generally like tracks that FORCE people into multiple lines for good passing fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.