R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default mugen mbx6 spur gear 46t

I have a mugen mbx6 m-spec and the only upgrade is the +5mm chassis. but the spur gear extends thru the chassis slot and is pretty much even level with the bottom of the chassis. and landing on big jumps the motor has flamed out cause I believe the spur gear is bottoming out along with the chassis. any mbx6 owners that can help.
eflore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflore View Post
I have a mugen mbx6 m-spec and the only upgrade is the +5mm chassis. but the spur gear extends thru the chassis slot and is pretty much even level with the bottom of the chassis. and landing on big jumps the motor has flamed out cause I believe the spur gear is bottoming out along with the chassis. any mbx6 owners that can help.
I have a MBX6 with the same Chassis and Spur gear. Never had the issue with it flaming out from the spur getting caught but I have had it flame out from the Flywheel getting a small rock jammed in it from a hard landing. I really do not thing the spur could do this since the clutch should be free wheeling at that point. I have over a year on this buggy and only had it happen a couple of times.

Interested to see what others think..
Buster661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

I used to have the same problem with my Losi 8ight with BCE chassis. Just put shims between the `center diff and chassis to raise it up more.
chopper82p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster661 View Post
I have a MBX6 with the same Chassis and Spur gear. Never had the issue with it flaming out from the spur getting caught but I have had it flame out from the Flywheel getting a small rock jammed in it from a hard landing. I really do not thing the spur could do this since the clutch should be free wheeling at that point. I have over a year on this buggy and only had it happen a couple of times.

Interested to see what others think..
+1, Spur should not kill the motor. Flywheel yes, spur no. If the spur is being stopped from turning the car would stop and the engine would keep running.
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote