R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   The "money is no object" car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/669784-money-no-object-car.html)

ratjayfala 10-13-2012 07:10 PM

The "money is no object" car

Thought it would be kinda interesting to see what features\design changes people would like to see in a buggy\truggy assuming money is no object :-)

For example, I'd love to have an engine with electronic fuel injection so I never had to tune the little f%!kers again. So, if you've ever thought, damn I'd love to see THAT on my buggy, let us all know.

foampervert 10-13-2012 11:30 PM

Hyucks...

Originally Posted by ratjayfala (Post 11321805)
Thought it would be kinda interesting to see what features\design changes people would like to see in a buggy\truggy assuming money is no object :-)

For example, I'd love to have an engine with electronic fuel injection so I never had to tune the little f%!kers again. So, if you've ever thought, damn I'd love to see THAT on my buggy, let us all know.

Buy a caster rtr buggy and upgrade/JerryRig bits one part at a time, till you get a full kyosho tki3 buggy. Also, buy a Taiwanese force engine, do the same part by part till you get a novarossi. Same goes for electronics till you get a sanwa, ko, futaba race setup.

You'll have not objected to spending a lot of money, by the time you get to this point...

am 10-13-2012 11:42 PM

Electronic adjustable shocks, diffs and engine, with telemetry and adjustability from the transmitter.

inpuressa 10-14-2012 02:53 AM

AYC (active yaw control) found on the Mitsubishi EVO
ATTESA E-TS on the Nissan GT-R

am 10-14-2012 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by inpuressa (Post 11322673)
AYC (active yaw control) found on the Mitsubishi EVO
ATTESA E-TS on the Nissan GT-R

You can get that tomorrowif you wan`t :-) Mount a helicopter gyro in your car. Several people have done this to quite a result. Not exactly the same thing but quite close.

Morpheus847 10-14-2012 05:45 AM

Fuel injection and bypass shocks ye ha. No tuning and able to adjust pack and damping seperate. A quick way to change diff oil would be a plus to

Joey Platinum 10-14-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Morpheus847 (Post 11322893)
Fuel injection and bypass shocks ye ha. No tuning and able to adjust pack and damping seperate. A quick way to change diff oil would be a plus to

Just buy Zero Defects Burick.

rider313 10-14-2012 07:48 AM

Shocks with High speed compression, low speed compression and rebound clicker adjustments like motocross shocks. Then I would be a happy camper.

Roelof 10-14-2012 07:49 AM

Electronic adjustable shocks are not that difficult. There are enough fluids which change viscocity with the influence of a current thruogh it. With a precision GPS sensor you could make a trackmapping to soften and harden the shocks.

wolf16731 10-14-2012 08:22 AM

Definitely a motocross type shock would be nice. (Like stated from others.)

Fuel injection.. wouldn't be bad, but not too sure on that one.

What I really need are lasers.... that way I can destroy all who pass me.. lol.

inpuressa 10-14-2012 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by wolf16731 (Post 11323311)
Definitely a motocross type shock would be nice. (Like stated from others.)

Fuel injection.. wouldn't be bad, but not too sure on that one.

What I really need are lasers.... that way I can destroy all who pass me.. lol.

Lol I want three red turtle shells circling me.

But we do need advanced shocks and diff technologies.
That's the only place that they can develop to make the cars faster imo.

Zerodefect 10-14-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum (Post 11323103)
Just buy Zero Defects Burick.

My Burick is for sale but it's expensive.

At least until you make another batch of Fleetwoods. I'm winning all kinds of stuff my my Fleetwoods.

rcuser567345 10-14-2012 03:08 PM

Personal car mechanic/setup guy/tuner.

So all I have to worry about is driving :D

R.Shackleford 10-14-2012 03:46 PM

There are two things prohibiting most of what you guys want. The rules prevent the ability to adjust the car on track via telemetry (passive data acquisition is legal). And the small size of our equipment. With nano engineering. I suppose it could be possible. That is where the if money were no object comes into play.

gangstacoupe 10-14-2012 05:51 PM

People asking for fuel injection, you still going to have to tune the motor. Infact you probably make it even worse as then you will be paying out the ass for tunes.