Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Starter Box?

Bought this a couple of days ago, working fine but was just told by a friend that there were no parts available for it. Does anyone have input?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/18starterbox.html
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What parts could you possible need that you could get at Radio shack. And in that case if its beyond repair, for $37 buy a new one. my starter box (its the big ofna chrome top with one giant motor) has been around for at least 5 years with out a problem. My last ofna box lasted at least 8 years before I sold it and that one was starting motors every weekend for 3 different classes.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Really! I bought the same box about two weeks ago. It never entered my mind to check to see if parts we available. BUT....chances are that you'll use that box for years and not have any problems with it. So if it lasts for ten years, at $35, I guess it's disposable. I will look for parts and if I find them, I'll let you know. I will contact Hobbypartz and ask them. More than likely they only sell the box an know nothing about it.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by debones
Really! I bought the same box about two weeks ago. It never entered my mind to check to see if parts we available. BUT....chances are that you'll use that box for years and not have any problems with it. So if it lasts for ten years, at $35, I guess it's disposable. I will look for parts and if I find them, I'll let you know. I will contact Hobbypartz and ask them. More than likely they only sell the box an know nothing about it.
Travel to a race and break a belt then see if it's not worth having a replacement belt or wheel in your bag.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

It's identical to Dynamite's Ready-Start DM starter box.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At $37.00 each we have 2, if one gives a problem we have an extra. I would recommend replacing the tamiya style conectors if running lipo batteries. We had a couple connectors go bad and replaced with deans, no problem since.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
It's identical to Dynamite's Ready-Start DM starter box.
It sure looks like it.
Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JoePit
Travel to a race and break a belt then see if it's not worth having a replacement belt or wheel in your bag.
That's why I have 2 boxes