Wiki Posts
Search

2012 worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? 2012 worlds

with the worlds fast approaching, and most manufactures running older platforms (updated old platforms), and only x-ray is out with a complete new design, what do you think others will do? will Mugen, Kyosho and Losi keep updating there kits or will they come out with something new?
and who do you think will win the worlds this year?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Hi, typically a car design lasts about 3 years, and both the MBX6 and MP9 are on their 4th year. But I have no way of knowing what their plans are for the future.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I believe most racers will only run prototypes parts and no new chassis.

As for the winner... Hard to say. Tebo, Maifield, Tessmann
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kyosho just came out with the Mp9 TKI3. That is there updated platform. Mugen just came out with the MBX6R. That is there updated plateform. Hot Bodies are having the drivers either use the CR8 or the updated D8 that Ty Tessman ran in the ROAR nats. Losi hasn't come out with too much but Drake always has updated stuff on his car. Associated came out with the RC8.2 not that long ago. So most of the cars are as updated as it gets for the drivers. There is not a huge advantage or disadvantage for the drivers.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

RAlmeida, that is not an "updated platform", that's the same platform with some updates on it - I can see how you'd get confused, but it's really not a new car just more of the same.

I'm pretty sure that both MP9 and MBX6 platforms are near the end of their lifespans.

That the factories release a tricked out version each year is the natural order of things, they have to do that to maintain sales numbers.
A genuine new (updated platform as you said) car seems to regularly appear every 3rd year.
And as everyone knows, both MBX6 and MP9 are in their 4th year.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I believe the losi drivers will have fully updated cars devoloped by race time. Losi has had the 2.0 out for so long now, and they have been seen testing with much different looking losis as of the last few months. I Would imagine ae is fine tuning there car with anything that needs further testing and same goes for the kyosho. I would say since this is all speculation and were just throwing out our personal idea on the matter, I think hot bodies will have a new car and if I'm correct they already put that out for the world to know a few weeks ago. and maybe a few other manufacturers will also have highly updated cars- take your pick between Durango agama mugen serpent and jq. I believe the X-ray at this moment in time seems like one of the best cars on the market for a real fast Thailand ish track we saw last worlds, kyoshos right there with it and ae/losi needs to step up to that level if they are wanting to see some results. The rest of the cars are not there yet, and some of the teams don't have the drivers to put any of those cars up there in the front. I would say the real standouts will be the same names you always hear in the u.s. results sheets, tebo mayfield your defending champ King Cody, hara tessman Cavalieri phend drake truhe kortz lutz robbers and then your pick of probably 1-2 euros- sevoya bloom the aigoin brothers and a few others that arnt popping in my mind. I would like to see a losi driver get it but we will see how close they can get that car to perfect, Adam drake is one of those guys who can put the hurt down if conditions are right but the consistency of tebo mayfield tessman makes me think those are your best odds to put your money on, my unbiased pick would have to go with tebo this year, he's not gonna let another ifmar title slip threw his fingers again.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Ok

Originally Posted by Eivind E
RAlmeida, that is not an "updated platform", that's the same platform with some updates on it - I can see how you'd get confused, but it's really not a new car just more of the same.

I'm pretty sure that both MP9 and MBX6 platforms are near the end of their lifespans.

That the factories release a tricked out version each year is the natural order of things, they have to do that to maintain sales numbers.
A genuine new (updated platform as you said) car seems to regularly appear every 3rd year.
And as everyone knows, both MBX6 and MP9 are in their 4th year.
Just to clarify. an updated platform is the same platform with updates, hence the updated platform designation. In a sentence. Kyosho will be running their updated mp9 platform termed the tki-3. etc...

A new platform on the other hand is termed new because it's a new design. an all new platform. Either way we knew what you meant, and so did the other post, so it's either new, or updated.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

we should do a fantasy thread.

Use a points system and pick the top 10 + TQ
Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Kyosho probably does not need a new platform with all the other manufactures currently trying to copy some form of the current k-car.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jmackani
Kyosho probably does not need a new platform with all the other manufactures currently trying to copy some form of the current k-car.
Has it lost any flab yet? Last Mp9 I saw was still as fat as an Odonnell or Mbx5! Looks fairly old fashioned to me. Is that the best Kyosho has got? Mugen and Xray look alot nicer to me.

It's time for a new thinner Mp9 with carbon fibre towers, and adjustable flex.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Has it lost any flab yet? Last Mp9 I saw was still as fat as an Odonnell or Mbx5! Looks fairly old fashioned to me. Is that the best Kyosho has got? Mugen and Xray look alot nicer to me.

Old is not dead. But don't take my word for it, you will see in the next few months.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

They will be able to sell you a new one easily if it is just looks that you want updated. If it is not broke, why fix it. The car is surely capable.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xray's XB9 is really a new platform,isn't it a updated XB8/808 soup?
If the MP9 is the way it is thats for a reason,it really works.Can it be made better?Sure why not?
And you can control flex characteristics on the MP9,the TKI 1 chassis and sideguards make for a stiffer car and the TKI 2 chassis and sideguards make it softer.Not as easy as the XB9 though but at the end of the day you still have the current world champion buggy and euro vice-champion
Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Old is not dead. But don't take my word for it, you will see in the next few months.
True, just look how old the B4 is, and it still basically dominates 1/10th 2wd

With that said, it will come down to what driver is at the top of his game and does not break his car. Tessmann seems to be the current favorite if you look at this years results of the big events that basically everyone was at. The same guys will all be at or near the top come finals day.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Xray's XB9 is really a new platform,isn't it a updated XB8/808 soup?
If the MP9 is the way it is thats for a reason,it really works.Can it be made better?Sure why not?
And you can control flex characteristics on the MP9,the TKI 1 chassis and sideguards make for a stiffer car and the TKI 2 chassis and sideguards make it softer.Not as easy as the XB9 though but at the end of the day you still have the current world champion buggy and euro vice-champion
Naw, I have the 2 cars side by side. The Xb9 is a new car platform. Different chassis, pods, cases, gears, arms, upright servo, tower, rear carriers, wing, body, shocks, suspension travel, and overall layout is tighter.

I'm betting the worlds will be won by someone completely new that hasn't had a worlds win yet. Hopefully not some darn on-road guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.