Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New cars at the Worlds????

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default New cars at the Worlds????

Which manufacturers will show up to the worlds with new cars? Or do you think some will stick with what is tried and true?

Associated??
Losi??
Mugen????
Agama??
HB???
Serpent????
Durango???

and what ever other brand that I may have left out.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nick64merc
Which manufacturers will show up to the worlds with new cars? Or do you think some will stick with what is tried and true?

Associated??
Losi??
Mugen????
Agama??
HB???
Serpent????
Durango???

and what ever other brand that I may have left out.
Most of the major manufacturers are running prototype parts which are not available to the public at the present time. The parts will find their way into the kits after the Worlds.

If your talking about completely new designs, I doubt any of the factories would chance running a completely new design at a big event like the Worlds.

Last edited by nitroexpress; 10-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

You could say the Xray XB9 is new.

The Hotbodies guys are testing new cars.

Not sure if I'd want a Worlds "edition" car. That flat Euro track requires a much different setup. Reno's using obsolete XB8 parts on his car. There's a reason why some pro setup sheets for certain events don't work for us at all, this might be one of those events.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't think there's any new car in the World Champs.......

Rumour MBX 7 is in the making.................we might see the NEW Mugen in the World Champs......
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Losi has the 8ight 3.0, that's all I know.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Dickinson
Losi has the 8ight 3.0, that's all I know.
o'rly? where can i buy one?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Associated has the RC8.2xrhn5.37imtX³ - comes with Kyosho springs and Hot Bodies shock caps and Avid this and Ghea that.., but rumor has it you still have to drill your own "0-hole" I think.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lutz is driving a prototype Durango at the moment, rumour has the Losi 3.0 on the horizon (pun intended) and I am pretty confident this isn't far off, Blookfield running Drakes personal car definately had a big impact at Euros, its pretty common knowledge that Mugen is up to something but I cant see it hap pening until long after the worlds.
I think we'll see a few manufacturers come out with "flex tech" systems like Xray in coming months.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

i know forsure hotbodies has the d812 and losi has somthing up their sleeves, Dahkota phend witch will be at the worlds was at our track this past summer and his dad said no close up pics please. then losi flew him out to cali for a couple weeks for testing. dahkota phend will be a contender to watch in the worlds for sure!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hard to say for sure what all of the various Mfg.'s have up their sleeves for the Worlds,

I doubt that there will be a completely "new" car being debuted at the Worlds, but then again, it is the Worlds, and if there ever was a time to have that "new" car thats been in testing, the Worlds would sure be the place for it to happen.

With that said, I'm guessing that many of the current cars will have new updates and options for the Worlds. The two execptions that I can think of are Mugen and Durango. I know that Durango for sure has a little something new going on, but how much of it is new is or would be a guess on my part. Either way, I look forward to seeing some new things floating around the pits at the Worlds. Hopefully there will be enough pics taken to cover it all.