Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Why are you selling? >

Why are you selling?

Why are you selling?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Why are you selling?

The market place is very popular with some really nice stuff for sale. What are you selling. Is it to get the latest and greatest? Some say they only have one race, is that to say the car just was not for you?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Many racers sell their kits after the season is over. Just like here, the season is basically over, minus a couple races. I for one run a vehicle as long as i can and try to take care of it to make it last. Also racers may want to try a different class and they are just going to try something new after the winter.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

i think most of the times with kits advertised as "one race old" it is because like most...you had two or more brands of car in your head when deciding...and then perhaps made a choice and ended up feeling that perhaps you should have chosen the other one instead. Other times i think it is merely the fact theat the people who have the cash to do so, buy the kit they wanted to try just to get it out of their system or to see if "move" to a different brand is justified...if nt..they will sell it. I personally think people who sell a kit after one race because it didnt live up to expectation are just plain to lazy to go through the process of learning how to set up the new kit...as they all differ, you cant just copy your mugens setup and paste it on your xray or kyosho and expect to go just as fast
Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

So true, I run mugen and when they are new they are tail happy until the car has had an hour or so of running, I found out a few years ago it's not a good idea to run a brand new car at a big race meeting on a new track.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Haha...two kids has cut my race time down to maybe 4 times a year in the northeast. But I love to wrench and try shiney new stuff......my serpent has about 5 race weekends on it and it was one of the 1st kits ever imported here. My serpent truggy has 3 race weekends on it. No practice just 2 quals and 15 minute Main per weekend. I don't think the commu ity is out to screw anyone. Almost always anything I buy or sell is as exactly as described.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

I just don't have the time or inclination to commit to racing as seriously as seems to be required. That's why I had decided to sell my 10-tank old RC8.2. Didn't have any takers though, so I'm gonna' keep it and run it when and where I can - in parking lots if that's how it turns out. I just like running nitro and fast engines.. - more than racing. I generally sell stuff when I feel it's at a point where I can sell it for a price I'm happy with, at a price a buyer would be happy with. This buggy still being too new, now is not the time.. So I'll run it then sell it later. To be honest, a buyer would have gotten a better deal now IMO, but people don't want to pay sensible prices, even for nearly new stuff.. So someone will end up buying it later, for a lower price, but with a lot more use on it..
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870
Haha...two kids has cut my race time down to maybe 4 times a year in the northeast. But I love to wrench and try shiney new stuff......my serpent has about 5 race weekends on it and it was one of the 1st kits ever imported here. My serpent truggy has 3 race weekends on it. No practice just 2 quals and 15 minute Main per weekend. I don't think the commu ity is out to screw anyone. Almost always anything I buy or sell is as exactly as described.
That pretty much sums me up as well. Family life keeps me busy when I'm not working. When I'm lucky and the wife is not looking, I sneak off to race or practice