R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

It depends on what you want to do, and what your goals are.
I'm in South Africa, and can tell you that the hobby here isn't cheap at all.
Going second hand, you will deff pickup a steal. But if you don't know what to look for when buying 2nd hand it can cost you, and, yes you can pickup cheap goods at your LHS as well, but just know it's cheap. Even squirel has a whole video on this. It can cost you more if you don't buy proper first time.

The point is most starters wanna go fast right away without hassle, or huge expenses, and then complain about the engine not working, or the car keeps breaking or this or that. And they complain about how crap nitro's are without even researching the problem or try to understand the fundementals that goes with nitro. And that gives Nitro a bad name

I saw a truck similair to that one you discribed for R6000.00 2nd hand. To me thats not cheap, basically ( $600 +/- ).

I guess it also depends on where you live .
GeeForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The way I look at it, nitro will never die, the appeal is way better than running electric, hell I have no interest in electric. At my local we always get a consistant turnout of nitro racers, we have a class for ep8 but not alot run, state and national level always has a solid amount of entrys and going by the keenness of the racers it will stay that way for a while to come.

LONG LIVE NITRO!!!

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote