Community
Wiki Posts
Search

general question about a trade

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default general question about a trade

Hi all, I just have a question about a trade I may do. If this needs to be moved mods please do.

Well my question is im possibly trading this guy my 2 nitro vehicles for a fg marder. My 2 cars are a Losi 810, and a hpi rs4. Both have mods and everything. I just wanna know if this is a good trade. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

A good trade is one where both parties walk away from it with a smile thinking they got the better end of the trade....Monetary value is irrelevant ;-)

That's just my opinion though....
Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Agreed - If you do not have the cash to offer, a trade is a good way to get what you want. However, too often people get hung up on what the have into a kit or what its "worth" in their mind when trying to make a trade.

If you get something you want and the other party gets something they want, do it. (Common sense does apply here as in trading your Losi 5ive for a stock traxxas Rustler is prob not a smart move)
Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Exert the effort to sell your cars, then buy what you want with the cash. Too many horror stories of trades gone bad or one party feeling like they did not get the value they were expecting from what they received.

I'd never trade on a forum. But that's just me.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for responses guys. I guess where im hung up is that I have the 810 setup to race in the winter league that we have here and its something that I want to do but I also want a 5th scale without paying the 5th scale prices( I know cheap ass lol). I guess my next question is to the guys that are racing. Is it worth it? Is it more head ache then not? Just what's your experience with racing?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

To me racing is the most important aspect of this hobby.without racing rc cars get boring really quick.if I didn't race I would most likely not even own a rc car.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Racing is a great use of these little "toys" IMHO. If not for racing, I probably would not own one either to be quite honest. I have met so many great people, seen so many great tracks, and had SOOO much fun it's unbelievable. The racing atmosphere (in most motorized sports) is just friggin awesome.

Just one big happy family. Even the guys who get PAID to race these toy cars.....they are so down to earth and approachable it just makes it that much more enjoyable for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i hated letting go of my jammin scrt10. it was probably in my top 2 or 3 favorite rc cars. but the reality was i was already racing a class indoors and needed a class to race out doors as 4x4 sct count was crazy low. traded it for an 8th e buggy and couldnt be happier now. if you plan is to race then do not trade. you will regret the decision to trade as soon as the winter season rolls around. if you want to quit racing and just start bashing then i would say trade. i dont know what the other guys trader rating is, but i noticed you have 17 posts and no trader feedback, to keep yourself safe i would strongly suggest not trading yet. if its a local deal then thats your call but judging from this thread you are not set on trading. follow your gut on this one as the way i am seeing it you will regret the trade after the transaction is completed.