Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ? >

MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ?

MBX6T vs. 811T vs. DNX408T ?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
put the truggy down for the first half of the season and just run the buggy... practice with it only learn setups for it... and i guarantee you when you run the truggy at the second half you will be smiling.. and when you go to practice.. walk with the buggy only...
Thats so true, Ive been running Nbuggy and Ebuggy for awhle without truggy and its helped BIG time. Im so much more consistent and it helps you with picking your correct lines.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p
I have an MBX6T and am considering buying an 811T or a DNX408T. What differences in handling and driving style can I expect between the three?
If you are planning on getting a new kit I would consider looking into the DNX408t. I have a durango myself and let me tell you it's one of the best kits I have ever owned. I used to run Mugen & Losi, and the DNX408t tops them both. The Durango Truggy handles perfect, its easy to drive, it has descent amount of steering, and its very durable.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

I would stick with what you've got. The Mugen is as good as any other kit out there. If it won't turn, there is something wrong in the setup. Don't get me wrong, there are other good kits out there. But you've already spent the money on the Mugen. Don't assume a new kit is going to immediately move you to the front of the pack. It works sometimes, but way more often it just leads to more frustration because every car has its quirks and has issues that need to be resolved.

As to buying a buggy - if you've already had one and found that you like truggy better why spend the money? The one reason that makes sense is to get more track time. Just remember every class you add represents more car maintenance, tires, spare parts, etc.

From what I see in this thread I think you'd be better served by getting as much practice and racing in as you can with the truggy you've got. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Guys, he want something new. Let him. Who cares whats his reason. It's a hobby and one of the thrills of a hobby is doing what YOU want to do.

I had the 6t and 811t. 811t hands down. Jumps good, turns good, made crazy durability. 6t is good, but it don't turn like the serpent!

BTW, I've heard of many people improving their lap times by a consistant second just buy switching vehicles. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is common.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Kyosho STRR is best truck I have ever drove, it was completely on rails....only other truggies I have drove are the TLR truck and the ae and they were way off from the Kyosho IMO.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I had ran Mugen For about a month and I sold it because I could never get my lap times back and I was always breaking parts. When I switch to Durango my lap times improved anywhere from 4 to 6 seconds.