Search

Xray XT8 - TIX XT9 Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Xray XT8 - TIX XT9 Upgrade Thread

Since there are a few of these getting around now, I thought I'd start a new thread for it.

You can see in better detail, or purchase the TIX Race Developments XT9 Conversion Chassis here

TIX Race Developments

The TIX XT9 Upgrade combines the Xray XT8'09 with the new developments of the Xray XB9. The new chassis layout brings the weight right forward and gives the truggy users use of the Multi Flex guards and radio tray incorporated into the XB9 Buggy, taking it one step further through the use of extra bracing in the rear of the truggy.

The stock XT8'09 truggy is still one of the fastest truggies on the market. Its durability is like no other on offer and its adjustability gives it the flexibility to shine in any conditions. The TIX XT9 upgrade gives you everything that makes the XT8’09 great and more.
The Upgrade to the TIX XT9 does require some modifications to a few of the XT8’09’s existing parts. The rear chassis brace requires some material removed for fitting of the new rear CVD universal. The existing knuckle requires a new mounting hole for the steering link to correct steering geometry with the use of the XB9 servo saver.

Here are some of changes incorperated into the TIX XT9;

- New 3.2mm thick 7075 T6, narrower, straight cut and longer chassis
- Chassis flex adjustment, Xray Multi-Flex, TIX double rear brace
- XB9 radio box plate with battery forward with Xray’s Multi-Flex adjustment technology
- XB9 side guards with Xray’s Multi-Flex adjustment technology
- Centralized engine position moved forward 21mm over XT8’09
- Hot Bodies clunk style fuel tank
- Option of Zero King Pin steering with JQ buggy knuckles
- More roll centre, toe and track width adjustments with the 808/XB9 hinge pin braces

Use of XB9 guards and radio tray. Weight forward and narrow design

Narrow, straight cut and longer chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction and stiffer in lateral direction. The extra length giving added stability through the rough section

Use of XB9 servo saver, ackerman and top plate

Extended rear CVD universal joint for continued use of the Xray XT8'09 rear driveshaft.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Raced my TIXRD XT9 for the first time yesterday, one word, awesome. Other than the Tix conversion I made a couple of small changes and it was dialled. Of the bat with original setup it was good, steering is definately more direct a lot less push, noticed I could get up inside others on corners with ease with the improved steering, I added a deg of caster mainly due to the track was very fast flowing layout, started with the medium setting with the chassis flex then went up to the hard setting when the track grooved up, the xt9 got even faster, made it even more responsive.
Made the A main finished 5th due to mechanical problem but overall my truggy is awesome to drive.

I was running the std plastic knuckle and held up fine in the 45min main but have the JQ knuckle coming which i going to try out and also the KH knuckle which I will replace the plastic one for durability

Also where you get the 8mm outer bump steer spacers supplied with the chassis I reduced the outer spacer to 5mm and increased the inner at the Ackerman to 6mm, was suggested by Tix to reduce the leverage on the knuckle arm especially if your running the std plastic knuckles. If you get the 1&2 mm spacers recommended for the kit you will have enough to do this change.

Also pay attention to where the servo saver arm hits the battery box a small modification there will help get full lock also not loading up your servo.

Well done Alan, my xt9 is a weapon.

Alan what that boot your running on the extended CVD

Last edited by Nitro Tiger; 09-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

That boot is a gmk supply boot.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Its actually the losi one. However I'm not running one at all any more. The losi one is a little to thick and can rub on the chassis brace. To avoid taking off more material I have just removed the boot.
There really isn't a need for it if you clean your car regularly

I'll get a photo of the 2 rear braces installed on the car soon

I'm also making up a new setup sheet with the rear brace and zero king pin options shown
Old 09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was able to finally drive my XT9 last night for a couple of tanks. One word, AWESOME. We should have two XT9's (mine and Cade's running in expert truggy this weekend at Speed Monkey RC's grand opening race. I'm sure we will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for making a great truck even better!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dont race truggy, but nice work man. Really nice. When you gonna make an ebuggy conversion chassis? Just a thought.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
TIX
Tech Master

I have a ±4mm buggy chassis already and have been working on an 3 conversion.
Just need to find the time to get back to my workshop and finalize the drawings.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Thought id share a few pics of my xt9.

Can see where i reduced the outer bump steer spacers to 5mm and increased inner to 6mm

Can see how far foreward the engine is from the stick setup

Rear chassis braces

Pipe mount

Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

awesome build, very clean

how do you like the X7??

cheers
Ali
Old 09-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
awesome build, very clean

how do you like the X7??

cheers
Ali
Lol except for my pipe........

The X7 is the first truggy motor ive had but sofar it holds it own and then some with other engines, great runtimes too, very happy with it.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

that rear cvd looks close to the double chassis brace! will it not be rubbing?

also, with the hotbodies d8 tank, what the reasoning behind removing the outlet fuel nipple and running the tubing straight through?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olixmb4x

also, with the hotbodies d8 tank, what the reasoning behind removing the outlet fuel nipple and running the tubing straight through?
The CVD doesn't rub if you remove enough material during the building process. You should remove the material back to the low spot in the mold. I had one of mine rub while using the losi cvd boots which are a lot thicker. Since changing back to the xray boots I've not had any trouble. I've not had anyone else have any trouble with it

You have to remove the nipple from the d8t tank so it doesn't hit the steering bulkheads. I've also had the nipple leak in the past when using the system on my old Losi
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olixmb4x

If I took the pic at a better angle you would see there is enough gap if as Tix said remove enough material on brace. After last weekends racing no rubbing
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes the Xt9 is a great chassis here is my build.. Also the Losi Truggy body fits very well as you can see...

Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TIX
The CVD doesn't rub if you remove enough material during the building process. You should remove the material back to the low spot in the mold. I had one of mine rub while using the losi cvd boots which are a lot thicker. Since changing back to the xray boots I've not had any trouble. I've not had anyone else have any trouble with it

You have to remove the nipple from the d8t tank so it doesn't hit the steering bulkheads. I've also had the nipple leak in the past when using the system on my old Losi
ah right cheers,and like you say the picture makes it look really close.

thanks, and very nice builds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.