R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default JQ the car yellow edition or hong nor x3 sabre

Hi i have narrowed down my new buggy for next season to jq the car or hong nor x3 saber. For those who have experienced both can you provide advice on each in particular performance and durability.

Thank you
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

I was looking at both of those buggies myself and the JQ car was the hands down winner for me. The amount of setup info and constant parts development/aftermarket support that the JQ car has is much better.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
JQ
Tech Master

Awesome, done deal.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JQ buggy all the way..
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Tech Master

Not saying that the X3 is a bad vehicle, but the support is just not there.

Nitrohouse sells the X3 and you would think the OFNA forums would support it, but they don't. The forum has been dead since the Hyper 9. The last post for the Hyper 9 was July 2012 (single post). Even here, the chatter has been pretty minimal concerning the X3.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gosh what can I say , I work here and I'm going to say Sabre just like JQ going to say The Yellow car. So I can say that our car does not have that big promo thing going on around the US and that's our fault our promo dept has come way too short in showing the Sabre. I had the H9 for a long time running and was just not getting the feel anymore for it so before last years Sidewinder race I went back to my Jammin X cars and made a hybrid just like Bradley did and it ran nice and was solid in it's finishes, so waiting for the X3 to come was hard to hold on to thinking the car was going to handle diff. just because of the front bat location and all the modern designing buggies have to the day. When I got the car it was so different from both buggies I was racing. It has the steering of the H9 but the rear bite of the Jammin on and off power, the shocks were all ready proven and just stuck to the 1.4mm pistons and the oils from the box (shock and diff). It has been a blast to run the cars as I push it as far as my skills can go and most of the time takes it, sometimes there are breaks but it's all me in trashing the buggy and having fun dicing it up with my friends, there are some bumps on the road but I think it has been good since the first few batches of gearboxes, front castor hub does need to go aluminum on that for sure, and the braces you can go either or but I use the alum ones, the guys I drive with like the car so much and have improved in the laps. The body gives the eww look but you learn to love it as I have, and it has that something different going around the track look but from a distance it almost looks like the D8 option body they offer. But now that we have both an E and a nitro they both have been very good, the E has even more aggressive steering as it dives more to the corner. I had a good time running at this year Sidewinder race making the A- mains in both classes and was on its mark with stay with competition. I would say if you are in my area and want to drive my buggies I would be willing to let you do some laps.

Dj
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
I was looking at both of those buggies myself and the JQ car was the hands down winner for me. The amount of setup info and constant parts development/aftermarket support that the JQ car has is much better.
This is the exact same reason i decided to run for jq products and couldn't be any happier the car and support is amazing!