Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Throttle end point >

Throttle end point

Throttle end point

Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Throttle end point

I finally upgraded my throttle servo in my RC8. I am now running Savox 1256 for steering and 1257 for throttle. I dialed in the end point for the throttle side, but thats a no brainer. My question is for the brakes. Right now I have it turned down to 35% and it still pulls the brakes pretty hard, but seems to work the servo. I know there is no way around being hard on the servo when it comes to braking, but I just want to get an idea of where I should put my EP. I am running an M11. Thanks guys.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Just keep it at 35% if you like the feel of that, if you want more brakes, higher it, less brakes, lower it. I won't hurt the servo.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

I used to set my servo at 50% for brakes in the past even though 40% was enough. Set it as my failsafe as well.

One day my transmitter failed and the failsafe kicked in. Was taking my sweet time walking to my car when I heard a pop and saw smoke from my car. It was a high end Sanwa servo as well... Now I set my brakes epa to as low as it would allow me to stop my car the way i want it to.

Expensive lesson learnt

Expensive lesson learnt.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'll keep it at 35. Seems to brake good. Much better than it did with the RTR servo. It only had 39oz/in of torque. This thing is night and day from that POS. 4 times the torque and more than twice as fast.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I also have fried a servo with the brakes, since that experience I set it to where I know it's not enough and just take it to the track and add more little by little until its where i want it based off the performance.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

There's no number that you should run for brake EPA. Depending on your linkage and dead band it could be anywhere between 12 and 50.

Set a 1mm gap before the front and rear brakes are engaged. Set the EPA so you get enough brake. Then adjust the collars individually to set the front rear brake bias. I usually run 40% front and 60% rear.

More front brake is more stable. More rear brake is more steering.