Search

2012 worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I vote for triple A Mains.
+1, It's the most sensible and cheapest way to determine who is on their "A-game". Every major electric race around the world uses this format I don't understand why the nitro community hasn't adapted.

Last edited by nv529; 09-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

keeping it as one event i do also like the idea of triple mains.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

+1, i think if you can beat all your opponents lets say over 3 days of mains races...THEN you might claim to be the best. i agree with some of the sentiments on here. Too many external factors can influence whether or not someone has a good race or not.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Do you also want the Superbowl to be a best out of three then?
Maybe they should have six different teams in three different superbowls?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
+1, It's the most sensible and cheapest way to determine who is on their "A-game". Every major electric race around the world uses this format I don't understand why the nitro community hasn't adapted.
The difference is, electric can't run an hour long main. I personally like the current hour long main because its tests all your equipment to its extreme, from tires wearing, engines holding a tune, car not breaking or having any problems, driver focused, pit strategy, etc.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Your logic is not sound. The two teams that end up in the superbowl are the best two teams as determined by wins accumulated over an entire season. Please rethink your analogy
Old 09-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Not at all the same.

A team could lose 3 or 4 players and the game goes on. Lose a wheel, servo, etc and it's game over.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

your argument is invalid...the same as the one about the olympics a page or so back. Im not sure how national events work in other countries but over here the national champ is determined like any other full scale racing series....the guy with the most points over a full season of racing wins. So in my books at least you need to be the best in that regard to even qualify for the worlds (like feeder series in full-scale racing), not just be top 10 and get invited like it is currently...then the worlds could consist either a few races or one event with more than one main race if cost are an issue. Any "world" championhip...(outside of the US atleast) is usually a series of events taking place in more than one country/continent between differing nationalities. Maybe they should consider a "world cup" instead..then there could be, like the olympics...an event every 4 years or so..in a pre determined country..in various locations throughout that country, over a period of a month...and the guy who is the fastest at the end of that event really is the fastest in the world then.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 09-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Triple A-Main meaning, three 1hr long races = 3hrs total? Or Triple A-Main meaning, three 20-minute long races = 1hr total?

Even a Triple A-Main is flawed. Sometimes the difference between finishing at the front and finishing in the back comes down to what side of the bed you woke-up on that morning.... unless you are planning on putting the Triple A-Main so that it's one Main every day?

Also have to remember preserving the integrity of nitro (being the only true 'enduro' class right now) is the most important thing. Having to last 1hr, mentally as a driver and mechanically as your car, is part of nitro buggy.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Just WTF do these people think qualifying is for?

Is it their intention that the Indy 500 should be a best out of three?
How about the F-1 Grand Prix at Monaco?
How about the 100 meter sprint in the 2012 Olympics!?
Maybe someone wasn't prepared? THey should get at least two more chances!

This is the most retarded suggestion I've heard, if you want to have a global series of races in different locations then that's fine, but don't give me any more of this "best out of three" rubbish, because that's just horseshit plain and simple.
A global series of races would be fine, we could have one race in Europe, one in Asia, one in South America, one in North America and one in Africa, then every win could get you x number of points like in any other points based championship.
But just how on earth do you expect anyone to pay for all these travels? This isn't professional soccer.

"best out of three", what a load of steaming cow manure.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

^I'm all for a world cup points series to determine the world champion - and I think majority of the pros competing for a world championship would be in favor of it as well - however the costs would be way too high for sponsors, drivers, teams, etc, to travel around the world. It would likely never happen.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The worlds is what it is, and shouldn't be changed. Triple A-mains? Why, so the winner can lock it up in 2 then everyone else run a meaningless 3rd main to round out the podium? Yawn. The worlds does exactly what it should - showcase the best of the best drivers in the most highly pressure-packed situation, and showcase which manufacturers can harness data from their drivers and show up prepared. You're either on pace, or you're packing up and taking an early flight home.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the most retarded suggestion I've heard, if you want to have a global series of races in different locations then that's fine, but don't give me any more of this "best out of three" rubbish, because that's just horseshit plain and simple.
A global series of races would be fine, we could have one race in Europe, one in Asia, one in South America, one in North America and one in Africa, then every win could get you x number of points like in any other points based championship.
But just how on earth do you expect anyone to pay for all these travels? This isn't professional soccer.

"best out of three", what a load of steaming cow manure.
and maybe one in the Middle East too!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally don't like the AAA main format for the reasons already said here.In the current format you have to show that you are commited to atleast making the A,then you have 1 hour to play your cards and come out as the winner.
Do you think anyone could win an one hour main with a POS engine/car/tires/setup against other top teams?It's the crème de la crème,if your not fast,if you hitting every pothole/pipe,if your pitman is slow,if you took a uncalculated risk,if something is not right,you're done.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Champion

The point is that people aren't convinced that the winner of the Worlds is "the absolute best offroad driver". So triple hours mains may solidify the meaning of that trophy.

Oh and:
-Monaco is just one race in many that makes up the world chamionship. You have to win a bunch of F1 races to become the world automotive champoion.
-The Indy 500 isn't part of the world championship. It's just a sideshow oval race that's IMO, quite lame.
-Who cares about the Olympics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.