R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

The shocks being laid down is more of a European thing, and the track was more that style so the US guys tried to adopt the setups from the Euro guys. It was more of a tuning to the track thing. I don't see any of the cars having dated designs.

I was impressed seeing Mugen and Novarossi win a race. They were talking about getting more steering out of the Mugen. Most that drive mine say it's got too much. I can see the extra weight on the tires to help keep contact with the ground and this can help get the power down. I noticed Battle had the longer nova header on his engine, and the revised drag link on the bellcrank for reducing bump steer.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #257
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
They were talking about getting more steering out of the Mugen. Most that drive mine say it's got too much.
Depends on your set up, if you like a lot of rear grip then you start getting less steering, so I can see where they're coming from.
Eivind E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #258
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

All the americans could talk about is how corner speed is the main thing they need to work on. I would come home get me a 1/8th on-road car, find a track and run all I could. There is nothing better to teach corner speed and how to keep it than 1/8th on-road.
YANMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #259
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

Track did yield a good showing in the Main. I think going into the final minute 1-4 were split within like 20/25 seconds. Bet Ronnefalk wasn't happy about flaming on the last lap.
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #260
am
Tech Master

i just saw teh race on Neo. You can go on and bla bla bla abaout a boring layout, but if this is not racing, then i do not what is. After 10 minutes top 5 cars was 4 secons apart. switching posisions on evry lap. There are abselutly no time to relax and get into that grove some need to make a good race. Here you really need to know how you can control you nerves.

Also how well you car works in bumps and around corners is very very important, otherwise your car is just not fast enough.
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #261
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got the feeling that this world champ race is going to be really good..
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #262
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
Bet Ronnefalk wasn't happy about flaming on the last lap.
He didn't care the flame at all as he only saw the race as practice (i missed to full the tank completely), of cause he had got for the win if he could, but in same time he have been thinking about the "risk" to win a Pre-World race. The thing he was not so happy about was some bad driving in the A-main.

And the track was really good, and not so easy as it looks on pictures, and the Worlds will be a completely different race.

** HB Racing, Team Orion, AKA, Highest RC, RunnerTime, Maugrafix, Runnertime, XTR, Arrowmax, Avid, Amain, Lundsford, VRC, GHEA, NeoBuggy, LiveRC, RedRC **
PiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiRo View Post
He didn't care the flame at all as he only saw the race as practice (i missed to full the tank completely), of cause he had got for the win if he could, but in same time he have been thinking about the "risk" to win a Pre-World race. The thing he was not so happy about was some bad driving in the A-main.

And the track was really good, and not so easy as it looks on pictures, and the Worlds will be a completely different race.
So u cost him the win huh.... Guess u won't be his pitman come worlds time...
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #264
Tech Master

Quote:

As JQ posted -

"Also, most of the time, you make your own luck, yes sometimes you just have pure bad luck, or pure good luck, stuff happens that you cannot control, or foresee. But I would say, most of the time, you make your own luck, through practice and preparation, and great driving on the day. The better you are the luckier you get, it really works that way."
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #265
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
9 posts, Wow. Newb or troll account?

Sports shows talk football nearly 24-7. Not much different with F1. Forums are for talking. Deal with it.
I have enjoyed practice sessions more than racing......Racing gets WAY TOO SERIOUS......We had a couple of shootings at our local track......electricical guy shotted a nitro guy for making too much noise...pffft.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #266
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I have enjoyed practice sessions more than racing......Racing gets WAY TOO SERIOUS......We had a couple of shootings at our local track......electricical guy shotted a nitro guy for making too much noise...pffft.
WTH... let me know where you race please... put that on my stay away list
Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #267
am
Tech Master

Quote:

You know Pierre, evrything is suppose to be the american style with tracks, like evrything else innthis world, if it is not us style, screw it... LOL. It was very exiting to watch the race!

When did you sweds get superstitious? :-)
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
Man, that's rough. I like to clear out the electric guys by chasing them with my Losi 5ive and it's rediculously loud Bartalone pipe.

That's why I really don't like traveling to strange countries for racing. What main did you finish in at the Worlds warmup this year? I can't find all the results. Did customs allow you to sneak in tire treatments and TAG body spray? Say hi to Tebo for me at the Worlds, his nitro tuning tips rule. I won't make it there this year cause I crash too much.

I should move to a country where everyone can't drive too well. Then I'll get to see another worlds maybe.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 10-04-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #269
JQ
Tech Master

Show me a 17 year old who is going for his first major international win, that doesnt care about flaming out in the last minute, and I will show you someone full of BS :-)

Of course he wanted to win that shit! At least that is what he told me.

If you have the luxury of already being a WC, and you are superstitious, I can believe you not wanting to win a pre worlds (Hara or Tebo for example) but come on....
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #270
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
Show me a 17 year old who is going for his first major international win, that doesnt care about flaming out in the last minute, and I will show you someone full of BS :-)

Of course he wanted to win that shit! At least that is what he told me.

If you have the luxury of already being a WC, and you are superstitious, I can believe you not wanting to win a pre worlds (Hara or Tebo for example) but come on....
very true.. Good luck out there in December Crow!
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote