R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #241
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

everyone is a critic... the poll votes for the drivers is pretty cool, but are you guys really speculating on the structure and format of a race you'll probably never attend? whether its one a main or 12 it doesnt really matter, you squares couldnt put in two laps at that level without getting lapped. how about you hit up your local track and get some laps in.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 10-01-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: language
tmth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #242
am
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
That wouldn't work well for manufacturers. They always release a world's car when they use parts in the worlds race that are not yet available to the public. It is a big part of how they market their new products.
The parts made for the worlds are avalible long before the worlds anyway, atleast 90% of it. The worlds cars are for the moast just other parts included. And when manufactorers offers a worlds car 2-4 weeks after the worlds, evrything is already there. Think of it, do you really think Kyosho manage too distribute cars to all parts of the world in large quantitys a month after the worlds? No, they cant, their organisations is way to big for that. Evrything is ready, their drivers are already some of the top paid drives, in salery as in level so they moast likley will have a great result. If they win, they slap a sticker with 2012 WC on the box :-). If they not win, it is still the worlds car that got third, a very respecatble result.
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #243
am
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmth3 View Post
everyone is a critic... the poll votes for the drivers is pretty cool, but are you guys really speculating on the structure and format of a race you'll probably never attend? whether its one a main or 12 it doesnt really matter, you squares couldnt put in two laps at that level without getting lapped. how about you hit up your local track and get some laps in. actually try and advance in this hobby and get your noses out of the pros asses

Well, have raced Euros, Nordics and WC, so shut up!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Relax guys, let's not ruin this thread and get it locked out. The mods already gave out warnings!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #245
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
1/8th scale onroad has quick change hubs. A robust version for offroad would be a serious advantage.

Practice time is limited at some of the races I've traveled to. Often due to rain. Quick tire changes during practice can help. Usually my practice time is wasted. I don't usually "get it" until the 3rd Q.
quick change hubs would be the decline of 1/8 offroad.
RePeTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #246
am
Tech Master

BTW, Whiting, i have now erned the warning you gave me :-)
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #247
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmth3 View Post
everyone is a critic... the poll votes for the drivers is pretty cool, but are you guys really speculating on the structure and format of a race you'll probably never attend? whether its one a main or 12 it doesnt really matter, you squares couldnt put in two laps at that level without getting lapped. how about you hit up your local track and get some laps in. actually try and advance in this hobby and get your noses out of the pros asses
9 posts, Wow. Newb or troll account?

Sports shows talk football nearly 24-7. Not much different with F1. Forums are for talking. Deal with it.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Back on topic, one thing different about this world's race is suspension tuning, it seems like they're going away with the next generation long stand up shocks to more of a old school lay down set up. I wonder if AE will go back to the RC8B shock towers for this race? And what's up with the unsprung weight added to the caster blocks/spindles on ty's and robert's cars?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #249
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePeTe View Post
quick change hubs would be the decline of 1/8 offroad.
Why's that?

Would be great for multi-hour endurace nitro races or for finding the right tire without losing practice time.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Back on topic, one thing different about this world's race is suspension tuning, it seems like they're going away with the next generation long stand up shocks to more of a old school lay down set up. I wonder if AE will go back to the RC8B shock towers for this race? And what's up with the unsprung weight added to the caster blocks/spindles on ty's and robert's cars?
Geometry change plain and simple. Looking for a different feel and response out of a very dated package. I got a kick out of the pictures of Cav's car with full Kyosho shocks on it. It you can't copy em may as well use em LOL
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
Geometry change plain and simple. Looking for a different feel and response out of a very dated package. I got a kick out of the pictures of Cav's car with full Kyosho shocks on it. It you can't copy em may as well use em LOL
At that point, it's no longer a manufacture's battle. I wished it was as strict as 1/1 racing with real homologation rules. What's happening now is like seeing Ferrari shocks on a Toyota in F1. At what point is the car no longer considered the production car?
Take for example, the D8. Is the team car a D8 with D8'12 parts, or a D8'12 with D8 parts?

Even AE, starting to use the old Rc8 parts here and there. After AE went and made the changes for a stand up shock suspension, the new trend is to lay the shocks down. At what point does this all come down to just recycling the same ideas? Pretty soon, we might see the old cab backward style bodies again.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #252
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Why's that?

Would be great for multi-hour endurace nitro races or for finding the right tire without losing practice time.
cost, 1/8 scale is already rather pricey to run, adding people now being able change tires in mains really quickly, thats just more tires people with throw at being fast if they can. Also adds in needing a rather rehearsed pit crew.

The current formula works. There is no need to change.

Sure they can make rules saying that tire changes are not allowed, but once the capability is there, eventually it will happen.
RePeTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #253
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
At that point, it's no longer a manufacture's battle. I wished it was as strict as 1/1 racing with real homologation rules. What's happening now is like seeing Ferrari shocks on a Toyota in F1. At what point is the car no longer considered the production car?
Take for example, the D8. Is the team car a D8 with D8'12 parts, or a D8'12 with D8 parts?

Even AE, starting to use the old Rc8 parts here and there. After AE went and made the changes for a stand up shock suspension, the new trend is to lay the shocks down. At what point does this all come down to just recycling the same ideas? Pretty soon, we might see the old cab backward style bodies again.
Homo what??? Kidding. hahaha.

Definitely one of the hottest debated topics and a good one.

But you make an interesting point about full scale racing. I looked up nascar and here is what the good wiki told me:

These inspection periods involve measuring the angle or size of the spoiler, weighing the car, comparing the body lines to templates, distributing restrictor plates (for restrictor plate races), and measuring the ride height.

It goes on to say the body templates are the only requirements that have to resemble an actual production car. I was under the impression there were chassis requirements, but I guess that would mean the company (ford, chevy, et al) would be responsible for developing, funding, and outfitting a nascar chassis.

Now, F1 is a totally different animal.
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #254
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
and maybe one in the Middle East too!
If i may ask, whats so funny? Am in Kuwait (middle east) and we do have a proper facility/track to hold an international race!
Thanks for the statement though! It shows how wise you are!!
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #255
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
If i may ask, whats so funny? Am in Kuwait (middle east) and we do have a proper facility/track to hold an international race!
Thanks for the statement though! It shows how wise you are!!

The only problem with middle east races, is that not everyone can participate in every middle east location.

I'm from Israel, and although i met some good friends from Kuwait (maybe you :-)) when i raced the Pattaya WC 2010, i can't travel there, and pretty sure you will have problems entering Israel.

We need a country that accepts everyone, and we will get alond there without issues.

And now, back to the topic...
If the 3 races were done in Pattaya, Cody will not be the WC, probably Tebo would.

One race is all you need, and it's not the best driver, it's the best drive at that specific hour, under all the WC pressure.
Let's leave it as it is, 1 hour race.

Guy
bombman is offline   Reply With Quote