R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #226
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
The point is that people aren't convinced that the winner of the Worlds is "the absolute best offroad driver". So triple hours mains may solidify the meaning of that trophy.

Oh and:
-Monaco is just one race in many that makes up the world chamionship. You have to win a bunch of F1 races to become the world automotive champoion.
-The Indy 500 isn't part of the world championship. It's just a sideshow oval race that's IMO, quite lame.
-Who cares about the Olympics?
^ made me LOL
+1
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #227
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
The point is that people aren't convinced that the winner of the Worlds is "the absolute best offroad driver". So triple hours mains may solidify the meaning of that trophy.

Oh and:
-Monaco is just one race in many that makes up the world chamionship. You have to win a bunch of F1 races to become the world automotive champoion.
-The Indy 500 isn't part of the world championship. It's just a sideshow oval race that's IMO, quite lame.
-Who cares about the Olympics?
Who cares about the olympics? Me and hundred millions more? Heck 219mil in the US.... Who knows how much more in China and the UK? http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug...tings-20120811

Also why is this topic being discussed again. GO back to page 5... It was already fully debated with both sides of the story.
Driven with Sanwa M12
tak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
The difference is, electric can't run an hour long main. I personally like the current hour long main because its tests all your equipment to its extreme, from tires wearing, engines holding a tune, car not breaking or having any problems, driver focused, pit strategy, etc.

It has nothing to do with the length of the race. Triple 15, triple 30, Triple 1 hour pick your flavor, if you're truly world champ BACK IT UP, best 2 out of 3.. Based on this warm up race Ronnefolk had it wrapped up since day one. I'm sure if it was best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 the outcome would of been in his favor. Triple mains is the easiest and cheapest way to determine a "series style" world champ without having dump a ton cash on travel expenses.

Last edited by nv529; 10-01-2012 at 06:17 AM.
nv529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #229
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
It has nothing to do with the length of the race. Triple 15, triple 30, Triple 1 hour pick your flavor, if you're truly world champ BACK IT UP, best 2 out of 3.. Based on this warm up race Ronnefolk had it wrapped up since day one. I'm sure if it was best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 the outcome would of been in his favor. Triple mains is the easist and cheapest way to determine a "series style" world champ without having dump a ton cash on travel expenses.
+1

Triple hour mains. If you win two of those, or podium all 3, then it's a sure thing that you ARE the world champion.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #230
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
why is this topic being discussed again. GO back to page 5... It was already fully debated with both sides of the story.
+1 this is over and done with, these "triple idiots" seem to want the discussion to take place in a best out of three format.
Eivind E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #231
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eivind E View Post
+1 this is over and done with, these "triple idiots" seem to want the discussion to take place in a best out of three format.
The only "idiots" are those who feel the need to use bold, max size fonts.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #232
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It would be cool if they made the teams change tires at least once during the 1 hr main. It would liven things up a bit and definitely add a bit more drama to the pit stops.

Sonor Drums, Zildjian A 16" Crash, Sabian 21" AA dry ride, Zildjian 20" K Ride, Sabian AAX hats.
rustyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #233
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
The only "idiots" are those who feel the need to use bold, max size fonts.
LOL that guy is hilarious. EVERY single time....shame
Last time i checked forums are for discussions, using bold font and calling everyone who shares a different opinion an idiot just proves how narrow minded or incapable to partake in civil opinionated discussions one is, not to mention it is just plain infantile...really man..take out the broomstick from that awkward place..it has to hurt by now? Fine we get you are against it...no need to insult everyone and yourself in the process.
peace.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #234
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfingers View Post
It would be cool if they made the teams change tires at least once during the 1 hr main. It would liven things up a bit and definitely add a bit more drama to the pit stops.
I've also wanted to see this before! would be awesome lol. Also, Once we did not have enough drivers at one club race to cover pit duties (we usually help each other out), so one idea was to bring your car in...come down from the drivers stand and refuel your car yourself haha. We did not end up doing it...but alot of us were game...sortoff harked back to the "running to your car, jumping in and going for a race start" days lol
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #235
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfingers View Post
I could see a lot of stripped or cross threaded wheel nuts from guys using electric impact wrenches. lol
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
I could see a lot of stripped or cross threaded wheel nuts from guys using electric impact wrenches. lol
1/8th scale onroad has quick change hubs. A robust version for offroad would be a serious advantage.

Practice time is limited at some of the races I've traveled to. Often due to rain. Quick tire changes during practice can help. Usually my practice time is wasted. I don't usually "get it" until the 3rd Q.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #237
am
Tech Master

For once, i agree with Eivind.

Olympics is a one off event. You prepare to the OL, through natinal championships over a season. That is the difference between how us determan who is going and who is not. Here in Norway, we have a very different way for how we determan who is qualified for the olympics and who has to stay at home. You train and prepare your mind and equipment. A 100 meter sprin is not a good comparison, but f.eks shooting a bow is. Your bow need to be perfect. look at all parts to use for your aim for example. Your consentration needs te be very very sharp. You must take wind into consideration and have a lot of variables, maby one of your arrows is a little bit off.

Same abaout driving your rc car. You need to make shure evrything is ok. You need to be 100% in consentration. On top of that, you need to trust someone a the pitlane be fully focused and do their job as best as possible. I agree that there a more variables on an rccar, but if you are not good prepared, you now your equipment is as its best, it gives you a psykologic advantage.

We must not forget that driving rc cars is a very minor sport, with few people beeing sponsord to the full to drive in a series. Heck, an rc worlds is not even half full of drivers having their all expenses covered to do this race. That would be just stupid with maybe 40-50 drivers going to 4 races, becaus what is the point of doing one of theese races if you have no chance of winning? It is better to run a local series, were your sponsor actually gets something back for their mony.

I did not check, but i think USA calls superbowl the worlds of american football. Well, no other country plays it at that level.....

So, yea, i think the worlds should be a one race event, but on a new build track, with no training, with rules that tires, parts and cars must be publicly avalible in shops atleast three monts prior to the worlds event.
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #238

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

If the name calling keeps up several members could see some time off.. warning to all on this thread. Please be nice to the other members. Thank you
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #239
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
So, yea, i think the worlds should be a one race event, but on a new build track, with no training, with rules that tires, parts and cars must be publicly avalible in shops atleast three monts prior to the worlds event.
^^^
I couldn't agree more with the one exception being the availability of parts three months prior to the Worlds. I have no problem with the Worlds event being a showcase for new and/or experimental parts. I would rather see a rule forcing teams to use their own parts. I'm tired of seeing Durangos and Hot Bodies (just to name a few) running Kyosho shocks or arms, etc... If you believe in your chosen manufacturer, use their parts.
Signal151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #240
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal151 View Post
^^^
I couldn't agree more with the one exception being the availability of parts three months prior to the Worlds. I have no problem with the Worlds event being a showcase for new and/or experimental parts. I would rather see a rule forcing teams to use their own parts. I'm tired of seeing Durangos and Hot Bodies (just to name a few) running Kyosho shocks or arms, etc... If you believe in your chosen manufacturer, use their parts.
That wouldn't work well for manufacturers. They always release a world's car when they use parts in the worlds race that are not yet available to the public. It is a big part of how they market their new products.