R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #196
Tech Master

Last edited by nitroexpress; 10-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #197
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=D8;11264911]Posted on Neo-Buggy..

Pacesetter David Ronnefalk wrapped up TQ honours in the penultimate 5th round at the Worlds warm up in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He recovered having suffered a blip in Q4 which went to Mugen's Spanish star Robert Batlle, with rounds one and two run yesterday, Friday's timetable promised 4 rounds. Ronnefalk continued his form in Q3, edging out Robert Batlle by 4/10ths, in Q4 some bad crashes and loss of momentum saw him produce a run to forget, although a last lap hero lap going sub 43 seconds raised eyebrows. Despite breaking a steering servo in Q5, Dakotah Phend has been driving impressively, the 15-year old Michigan based racer is here with his mother Nancy - on their first true overseas race, made all the more impressive given the 'European' style of the track - flat, technical and fast sections. AE's Ryan Maifield is another who's impressed, despite a very meagre allocation of tyres due to JConcepts' custom issues (using the same set in 4 rounds of quali) he's done well.

what is the big deal here? a set of tyres should last longer than 10 minutes!!
picko990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #198
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picko990 View Post

the big deal is.. they were going to test tires and also at that level those guys run a fresh set for every qual to get maximum performance... you loose out if everyone else at your level is doing that and yo are not...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=picko990;11270243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
Posted on Neo-Buggy..

Pacesetter David Ronnefalk wrapped up TQ honours in the penultimate 5th round at the Worlds warm up in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He recovered having suffered a blip in Q4 which went to Mugen's Spanish star Robert Batlle, with rounds one and two run yesterday, Friday's timetable promised 4 rounds. Ronnefalk continued his form in Q3, edging out Robert Batlle by 4/10ths, in Q4 some bad crashes and loss of momentum saw him produce a run to forget, although a last lap hero lap going sub 43 seconds raised eyebrows. Despite breaking a steering servo in Q5, Dakotah Phend has been driving impressively, the 15-year old Michigan based racer is here with his mother Nancy - on their first true overseas race, made all the more impressive given the 'European' style of the track - flat, technical and fast sections. AE's Ryan Maifield is another who's impressed, despite a very meagre allocation of tyres due to JConcepts' custom issues (using the same set in 4 rounds of quali) he's done well.

Not at the level these guys compete at. For scrubs like you or me, sure. Not at the world championship level. They will try 2 sets of new tires in 5 minute practice and never run them again. I hope something is done about the choice of host country and the level of corruption at customs. It's really going to put a stain on the event. I have no idea how they are going to fix it thou. The organizer has zero input or say at customs.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Robert Batale had a really great point about the RC World Championship that seems sorta silly to me. The world champion in the RC industry is determined by a single race. Why? I think that the world champion should be determined just like most other racing series where a season of racing in sanctioned events determines the champion based on their finishes throughout the series and not just a single race.

This seems stupid to me to have the world championship title determined by a single 1 hour race. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #201
Tech Addict

+ 1 > agree with batlle
gt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #202
Tech Fanatic

it would cost much more money...for everyone. so much traveling so many products.

the one, one hour race proves who is better prepared for the biggest race of their life.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #203
Tech Regular

Same as how one 100m final determines who wins the Olympics...
Driven with Sanwa M12
tak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #204
Tech Master

I vote for triple A Mains.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #205
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER View Post
it would cost much more money...for everyone. so much traveling so many products.

the one, one hour race proves who is better prepared for the biggest race of their life.
Yup...
Old 09-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #206
Tech Elite

A single race doesn't really tell me anything about a car or a person.Many of these teams send drivers all around the world already. Why can't they do a once a month event for a few months a year. Costs will be easy to put into the operating budget of a company.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #207
Tech Fanatic

a single race tells you a person can withstand all the pressure, knows how to prepare etc
who cares about the car, 90% of the cars out there can win.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #208
Tech Elite

I don't know. I see what you are saying about a person being able to cope with the difficulty of immense pressure from such a major event. However, I think that there are just too many variables to call a person a world champion from just a single event.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #209
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Robert Batale had a really great point about the RC World Championship that seems sorta silly to me. The world champion in the RC industry is determined by a single race. Why? I think that the world champion should be determined just like most other racing series where a season of racing in sanctioned events determines the champion based on their finishes throughout the series and not just a single race.

This seems stupid to me to have the world championship title determined by a single 1 hour race. Anyone else feel the same?
That's what I was trying to say a dozen pages back, but got flamed by newbs.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER View Post
a single race tells you a person can withstand all the pressure, knows how to prepare etc
who cares about the car, 90% of the cars out there can win.
That single race also tells you that everyone in the A,B, C, D mains is also every bit as prepared and ready.

Have ya'll looked at the finishing order or Q times from the previous big races. Lots of reallyfast drivers way back there. It's so close a single gust of wind can decide the fates of a dozen drivers.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote