Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Ten-T

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Losi Ten-T

What are the pros/cons of the Losi Ten-T? In general, what class would you race it in, ( I know I need to check the local tracks)? What are some "needed" upgrades or weak points of the truggy?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hoops
What are the pros/cons of the Losi Ten-T? In general, what class would you race it in, ( I know I need to check the local tracks)? What are some "needed" upgrades or weak points of the truggy?
Well I can tell you that mine and one other purchased at the same hobby shop have had a nighmare with the engines. WAY too much compression and could not get them to start. Finally get them to start then cant keep em running
Now I am finally to the point where I can get it to run for a while but gets way too hot, and I have richened up till it almost wont run, fuel spittin like carzy.
If it had not been for the onboard starter, and I had to go pick it up and use a box it would have been in the trash by now.
I figure I just need to wear it in and it will relax, but it sits on the shelf because of it being such a pain.
The other guy that I know of is not too happy either.
I called Losi but was on hold forever and never got a person so I have not tried again.
One of these days I will try again.
Other than that all the other parts look excellent, except for the cheap plug used for the starter battery.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, you have had a lot of trouble with your Ten-T, but this isn't normal at all.

You are correct that the 3.4L is indeed a VERY tight engine, most people think this is a GOOD thing! For the first few tanks you will want to pre-heat the engine with a hair drier or heat gun (you should do this with any new engine.) Next you need to heat cycle the engine and get it up to temps over 220 degree with out running the engine lean. If you need to use tin foil and a sock around the head, do so. Repeat this 5 times or so and you will have zero issues with this engine.

The ROSS does have a weak point with the OWB, people are trying some new things like a Traxxas teflon washer and we will see how this helps. This is really the only big weakness on the Ten-T and it can be addressed.

The Ten-T cost around $420 online if you shop around. You get with it the DX3S radio (costs $250 normally), a Lipo receiver battery ($30 normally), Losi 340 eninge ($145 normally), you get big bore shocks, aluminum shock towers, 3 sealed diffs like on the 8ight. Basically this is a scaled down 8ight-T. Do the math, the Ten-T is an EXCEPTIONAL deal.

As for racing, I would check with your local track. Different tracks are putting it into different classes. The closest direct rivals are the HPI MT2 and some Kyosho 4wd truck. Many track put these up against monster trucks. I think the Ten-T will likely have a huge advantage over any of the competition since this is basically the 8ight scaled down, and the 8ight is a very competitive design.

I might consider going with the 8ight or 8ight-T RTR if racing is your thing since these classes might be more popular. Of course, those cost considerably more and might not be an option. The lowest price I know of for an 8ight-T is $659 + shipping, so a good $230 more than the Ten-T. And you still need to buy a battery for the 8ight starter box.

Also it should be mentioned that Losi/Horizon support is top notch. I know a guy on the Losi forums who let his Ten-T go out of control at wide open throttle, it ran into a wall, flipped over, and the guy was too scare to stop it, so he let it run at WOT until the engine died several minutes later. What did Losi do for this complete idiot? The gave him a brand new Ten-T!

I called when my clutch spring broke. They shipped me a brand new clutch free of charge with Priority Mail. No questions asked. When my OWB had issues, they sent me a brand new one that arrived 2 days later. There support ROCKS! Losi is a great company, and the Ten-T was my first Losi product. As you can see...I liked it so much, I bought another.

The Ten-T is a great truck, and offers great bang for the buck. Bottom line, you cannot beat the value, period. It is almost worth buy this just for the radio, and you get everything else for only $150.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a video of me driving my Ten-T at the local track. I had never driven on a track before this, so I know my driving isn't great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2D8IZXrKg4
Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
Here is a video of me driving my Ten-T at the local track. I had never driven on a track before this, so I know my driving isn't great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2D8IZXrKg4
Hey Grimlock, how long does a tank last you? I get about 5 minutes, people on the Losi forums say the same... its upsetting!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike881
Hey Grimlock, how long does a tank last you? I get about 5 minutes, people on the Losi forums say the same... its upsetting!
Yeah I think about 6 minute or so of track driving. I hope they offer us a larger tank soon.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I dont from what i saw think a bigger tank would fit seems they scaled down everything but the motor including the milage
Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default racing ten-t experience

first ross starter gear problems.ended up with spin start. finally starterbox. ditched ross all together.replace fuel tank with 1/8 losi buggy so i can get over a 5 minute race.going to modify diffs with sc10 gears and pins.of coures up grade a-arms,wingmount with intergy. and m2c 3shoe clutch.the stock sprink kept braking.running 30%fuel and temps around 270 degress.when pinion gear comes out next month i'll get one.and running diff fluid 5000 in front 7000in center 2000 rear.rear still leaks changing monthly.awesome trucks.i'm only nitro against two other brushlss conv.i get second place all the time .rare first if tey have electrically diffucultes.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I need help please!!!

mu clutch is still spinning in nuetral and i can literally putt around the track without pulling the throttle...how can i fix this issue!!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kruser75
mu clutch is still spinning in nuetral and i can literally putt around the track without pulling the throttle...how can i fix this issue!!
Your idling might be too high, turn your idle speed screw anti clockwise for about 1 turn just so the engine will idle nicely without the wheels spinning. If your idle is low and the wheel still spins, it might be your clutch bearing or your clutch itself. Have a look at these things and see how it goes for ya
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dont quote me on this, But im pretty sure the 8ight buggy tank fits and would be a significant increase in fuel mileage.

I never read into the Ten T thread too much but one thing i could have sworn i read was that the tank was one if not the only part from the 1/8's that would work.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe you have to drill a new hole for mounting the bigger tank, and move the pipe mount out in the side guard.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kruser75
Sounds like possibly your clutch spring broke, actually it's very likely knowing the history of this vehicle myself.

Replace that crappy clutch. The T-Maxx ones will fit if you don't want to spend too much money. Part #4146x works for sure. (has a heavy duty spring)
Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Any electric convertion kit for this truck??
Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bad ass
Any electric convertion kit for this truck??

No Conversion as of yet, But you could pick up a SCTE and buy some parts to have Both SC and Truggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.