Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default is this original outdrive ?

Hi Guys, new to the forum, been a reader of this forum and finally registered as members.

Just got BR6 Used from a friend, he retired and sold it cheap. now im in process of rebuild it and notice that the outdrive, F/R and center , are not standard as shown in manual,It have more hole.

can you guys confirm that the outdrive shown in the picture are BR6 original option part?. i already ask the seller he said it was standard outdrive the kit come with.

thanks guys.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

I can't see a picture...
Old 07-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jkas10
I can't see a picture...
oh too bad,
here is the direct link

s32.postimg.org/8i4xx9khx/intech_outdrive_lightweight.jpg
Old 07-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferian
Hi Guys, new to the forum, been a reader of this forum and finally registered as members.

Just got BR6 Used from a friend, he retired and sold it cheap. now im in process of rebuild it and notice that the outdrive, F/R and center , are not standard as shown in manual,It have more hole.

can you guys confirm that the outdrive shown in the picture are BR6 original option part?. i already ask the seller he said it was standard outdrive the kit come with.

thanks guys.
Those are the lightened optional outdrives - way better then stock ones.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Intech BR-6
Those are the lightened optional outdrives - way better then stock ones.
Cool, another thing that I noticed while rebuilding the diffs are there is play in outdrives. I can move it back and forth, please check the vids on the link bellow, Im not sure my english good enough to explain it

the link >> goo.gl/zwQcye

is it normal ? if not , is there way to remove the "play" on outdrive ?
i have another buggy, the outdrive feel snug into the diff cup without play.

thanks a lot guys

Last edited by ferian; 07-30-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferian
Cool, another thing that I noticed while rebuilding the diffs are there is play in outdrives. I can move it back and forth, please check the vids on the link bellow, Im not sure my english good enough to explain it

the link >> goo.gl/zwQcye

is it normal ? if not , is there way to remove the "play" on outdrive ?
i have another buggy, the outdrive feel snug into the diff cup without play.

thanks a lot guys
I shim the play out with 8mm shims. 1 shim on all 3 outdrives that go into the cup and 2 shims on the outdrive that goes into the spur gear. None on the rings gears. It makes the diff smoother and more consistent.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Intech BR-6
I shim the play out with 8mm shims. 1 shim on all 3 outdrives that go into the cup and 2 shims on the outdrive that goes into the spur gear. None on the rings gears. It makes the diff smoother and more consistent.
i guess the last owner build the kit wrong.
because of the sloppy outdrive, the diff cup break right on the metal where the outdrive sits.

thanks for the advice. now time for shopping some part for the rebuild.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

What reciver pack fits the car.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DPowers
What reciver pack fits the car.
Protek 2300mah flat pack
Old 08-31-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Initiate

hope Intech update it's shocks soon. swap mine with Agama shocks n the car ride more stable. just my opinion as i cant get the stock shocks to set properly.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

What is everyone running in the stock shocks I have 40 f and 35 r and they are smooth they just fill a little stiff.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bent new front arm after 1 day practice.

I just replace my front arm. it only get one practice day.
today i cleaned the buggy and notice the front arm little bit bent on both side.
no serious crash or hit anything. it just weird.

here another pic for comparison:
left are new arm, middle are the currently used on my one day practice and the right one are pretty beat up arm have the same bent character on the hinge pin holder.

is anyone else have this problem?

for info i run 1.25º insert up front, and 0º on front back insert.
my averang weather here in Indonesia are 28ºc - 34ºc (summer all year )
Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

another quick question.
are this associated diff o-ring part #81345 will fit my diff? i got the black one, and it keep leaking the oil from the outdrive

i know this buggy are old, been thinking to buy another brand since intech haven't update its product for a while. time to move to another brand i guess?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How to build shocks

Hello,

I'm rebuilding my Intech shocks and wonder if anyone can help me?

I'm rebuilding my shocks with the black bladder (see picture). When I'm tightening the shock cap i can feel a fair amount of resistance before the shock cap is all the way down (see picture). If I continue tightening the shock cap the resistance suddenly is less and I can tighten the shock cap all the way to the body. The thing is that the shock shaft is pushed out during the last tightening of the shock cap, it is like the bladder is pushed into the shock body.

And to my question, should I tighten the shock cap all the way down or not? Should I leave the shock cap not tightened all the way down?
Attached Thumbnails INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-20170913_215631_small.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-20170913_215650_small.jpg   INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-20170913_215705_small.jpg  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by batman1297
Hello,

I'm rebuilding my Intech shocks and wonder if anyone can help me?

I'm rebuilding my shocks with the black bladder (see picture). When I'm tightening the shock cap i can feel a fair amount of resistance before the shock cap is all the way down (see picture). If I continue tightening the shock cap the resistance suddenly is less and I can tighten the shock cap all the way to the body. The thing is that the shock shaft is pushed out during the last tightening of the shock cap, it is like the bladder is pushed into the shock body.

And to my question, should I tighten the shock cap all the way down or not? Should I leave the shock cap not tightened all the way down?
What you are describing is called rebound, and that is a tuning adjustment discussed here:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.