Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Nt much action here?

Finished the build and put about a litre through the car yesterday. I'm very impressed with the initial feel of the car. Much better than the build would reflect. I made a few changes from stock based on recommendations in here and our small, bumpy track. So far so good. Let my die hard X-ray mate have a drive and he liked it. Hopefully it is durable and it will be a winner. Where I live the kit is $350 USD!!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Now that outdoor season is here I need to get making my order soon . Any problem parts I should get extra of ? Also , what bodies are available for the buggy ?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MBX6
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Now that outdoor season is here I need to get making my order soon . Any problem parts I should get extra of ? Also , what bodies are available for the buggy ?
We have been running BR-6 and BR-6E since fall and the ONLY plastic piece that has broken has been the servo saver (only on one car, one time). VP/Intech now offers an alum arm as an upgrade option. The outdrives and pins last forever, the diffs and ring and pinion last forever, the arms, hubs and spindles and carriers are all durable.

I carry quite a few spares because that's how I roll. I would recommend the alum servo arm for security. Also the alum shock towers just in case you have a bad crash and the standard carbon towers were to crack or be weakened. The quick change/extended engine mount for convenience. And the lightweight wheel hubs, the lightweight outdrives, the hardened alum diff pins and the lightweight f/r center drive couplers as you have time to further lighten the rotating drive line components. Replacing those parts will give you the original pieces as spares...

You will love the buggy! Good luck and kick some A$$!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

A quick favour to ask people with a new chassis or relatively new one....

You can see my chassis. It is one day old. Just about a litre of use but it appears to be bent! It is con ace. As you can see there are no marks on it and I don't remember having a crash that would cause this.

Can someone please put a straight edge along the bottom of their chassis just to confirm it is flat? I'm pretty sure it is. Is I put I straight edge along mine it has a gap of about 3-4mm in the centre. The body does have marks. Consistent with a flexing crash, like casing a jump. I just don't remember doing it. I cased my agama so hard it flexed the front centre drive shaft out of the centre diff cup and it never bent the chassis. I will be very disappointed if it is bent. Anyone else experience this?

Cheers
Jason

Ps. Sorry for the terrible pic. Was taken with my iPad. First time. I guess it is a rubbish camera!
Attached Thumbnails INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-image.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by picko990
A quick favour to ask people with a new chassis or relatively new one....

You can see my chassis. It is one day old. Just about a litre of use but it appears to be bent! It is con ace. As you can see there are no marks on it and I don't remember having a crash that would cause this.

Can someone please put a straight edge along the bottom of their chassis just to confirm it is flat? I'm pretty sure it is. Is I put I straight edge along mine it has a gap of about 3-4mm in the centre. The body does have marks. Consistent with a flexing crash, like casing a jump. I just don't remember doing it. I cased my agama so hard it flexed the front centre drive shaft out of the centre diff cup and it never bent the chassis. I will be very disappointed if it is bent. Anyone else experience this?

Cheers
Jason

Ps. Sorry for the terrible pic. Was taken with my iPad. First time. I guess it is a rubbish camera!

The Agama chassis is 4mm thick, the Intech is 3mm. The Intech chassis flexes a lot, which is why we recommend using the extended engine mount to reduce chassis flexing.

But the chassis flexing is what makes the Intech handle so much better on slick and bumpy tracks. But if someone would make a 3.5mm chassis for it, I think that would be better.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info gene. So I guess it is bent. Hopefully I can straighten it out!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Take out the engine and radio tray and straighten it.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sexy and gorgeous!

That's really cool bro. I mean I have seen a lot of photos like that but I have never seen them that close! Haha.. talking about details. Anyway, my main concern is, how much? I hope not THAT much.

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Just a remark : some 3 mm chassis of other brands I had to review, were pre-bended a bit in the center new, I guessed to counter act
the bending to the other side when in use ..like in the picture here, a new Serpent mkI
could it be the case with the Intech too ?
usually it is bended botttom to the top then

Last edited by speedy2; 04-23-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Interesting! So you can see my intech chassis is bent about the same as your serpent one. I don't think it was from the factory though. Bt I am not certain.
Attached Thumbnails INTECH RACING - BR-6 BUGGY!!!-image.jpg  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

then it is factory made like this..
yours is peanuts to what I have seen.. the serpent was double or triple of that, brand new

If bend in an incident it would show the other way around, because the weight of the back slams onto the center of the chassis then
Now with the weight of the engine and radiogear the chassis will set flat in use
they do that a lot with 3 mm chassis as they flex more, else with the weight of the gear it would hang belly down which is not so good
so I wouldn't be worried at all..

Last edited by speedy2; 04-23-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

I got a cnc MS-R 3mm chassis, BCE style, for the JQ V1/rtr here .. same angle build in, because it flexes to all sides
but handling is great, even better as the JQ WE chassis, so is the Intech chassis..

Last edited by speedy2; 04-23-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

I have never checked a new chassis, but if it is bent the other way then it is fine.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Post INTECH Greece- Tsagkarakis Manos wins the 1st

The 4th Round I.M.C. Nitro Cup 1/8 Buggy Championship took place last weekend in Heraklion Crete of Greece. INTECH drivers had good results in the competition with the BR-6! Congratulations!

Tsagkarakis Manos 1st place

Digenakis George 3rd place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.