R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Redcat Racing 1/5 rampge xb buggy Fail

dont buy from redcat racing they are junk i just got the rampage xb 1/5 buggy i started it and in about 5 or 10 min the gears just about flew out of gear case it was makin a sound from the start and being i never have seen this size of a car thought it might be just how it sounds but i was so wrong this car is junk calling redcat for replacment parts is a joke takes 48 hours for them to review your claim then they will let you know in 78 hours now i gotta wait another week to get my parts so i can work on my new car keyword here is NEW car!!! i called them last night after i sent claim in cause they didnt send me an email saying they got my claim the guys said they got it so i asked him if i had put the right part num in for the items i needed he said yes (the guy that works there upgraded my parts for free from plastic to metal that was good i was kinda happy about that)
but then the guy said they dont give upgrades like that and would have to review the part about upgraded parts which means ill get plastic
i asked for a refund on the car they said my car was used now cause i started it and now i cant get a refund but how am i supposed to know if the car is broke until i use it they dont have a no return policy so people wont know they dont refund money so all in all you buy redcat you got it cant return it they dont compensate you for your lose the upgrade might be a way but i dont think they will send the upgraded parts but that dont matter all i wanted was a refund on the car they wont do it and they do not post they wont that is why i reported them to the better business bureau tired of companys ripping people off expecting the customer to fix ther problems could have sent car back for repair at my cost but why should i pay for another shipping bill when it was ther fault

and p.s. they dont inspect the cars when they come in from china the just look to see if body is broke nothing else i asked them thats what they told me also i told em that the gears could have hurt someone if they had flew out ther reply was thats the chance you take using r/c cars
oblyvaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gears fly out...Cause RACECAR!
Flipside6900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All kidding aside, that's redcat. The reason there soo much cheaper is cause the quality is below par. Just like some of the cars from Hobbyking, NitroRCX, King motorsports, and Rovan. Hobbyking has a slash 4x4 clone for like 139 with motor and speed control. Does it look like a slash 4x4, your darn tootin, heck, it prob even drives like a slash 4x4. But the durability, and build quality are what sets it apart from a slash 4x4. All those 5th scales are really easy to clone cause of there size, and simplicity, but when it comes down to it, there not FG's, or BAJA's.
Flipside6900 is offline   Reply With Quote