R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Crono SVM ??Piktor?Laro buggys/?

Hello
I recently ran across a "lot" I purchased, one of the buggys in the box was a Crono Expert 2 Team the other was a Piktor, and what is left of a laro diablo

I did some research on them... has anyone else ran these before?

i dont see anyone discussing them?? there from around 1997 -2000 im guessing?
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Race buggies tend to vanish from discussion if they are older than the current generation.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,176
Default

Havn't seen them in so long
__________________
Team Associated, JConcepts, M2C Racing, Big Pimpin Paints
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,907
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
Hello
I recently ran across a "lot" I purchased, one of the buggys in the box was a Crono Expert 2 Team the other was a Piktor, and what is left of a laro diablo

I did some research on them... has anyone else ran these before?

i dont see anyone discussing them?? there from around 1997 -2000 im guessing?
I ran Crono it was cool buggy the spur gear was to hard back in the day.

we ran a 50 spur and sometime 52 spur gear and at times it would just chip the teeth off when u hit something hard. The buggy drove good other than the spur.

with a big spur gear you could run a 20 port motor and still have crazy bottom.
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cagliari - Sardinia - Italy
Posts: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to Ivano74
Default

Hi, I ran a Piktor buggy since 2009. It's a good buggy, maybe a little too heavy if compared to modern cars.
If you're planning to keep using it I suggest you to try the Rush2.2 kit. It's composed by new higher shock towers and 20mm big sized big bore shocks (the same used by GS CLX). You could also need to use the new ackermann bar and steering connecting rods.
You can find them at CPX design.
Ivano74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivano74 View Post
Hi, I ran a Piktor buggy since 2009. It's a good buggy, maybe a little too heavy if compared to modern cars.
If you're planning to keep using it I suggest you to try the Rush2.2 kit. It's composed by new higher shock towers and 20mm big sized big bore shocks (the same used by GS CLX). You could also need to use the new ackermann bar and steering connecting rods.
You can find them at CPX design.
I did some research on the buggys i now own. the crono kit is a expert 2 but it is the rally game version. and it has a plastic spur gear UUUUGGG!!

The Piktor has upright suspension "usa version" and came with all the parts to put the suspension back to "lay down" euro style.

This one has not been ran very much as it has a stripped out gear's in the center diff case.


Good new's on the LARO, all the parts were there to put it back together..but only 3 usable wheels...



these car's use the old kyosho (mp5-mp6) style of 20mm hex's in the wheel's...

Any one out there have a extra set of 20mm hex buggy wheels laying around they want to sell ??
Thanks Jesse
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
yarbroughdesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 530
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default

Best bet is to hang these puppy's on the wall as collectors. Clean them up and post some pics, I know I would love to see what condition they are in.
yarbroughdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarbroughdesign View Post
Best bet is to hang these puppy's on the wall as collectors. Clean them up and post some pics, I know I would love to see what condition they are in.
one problem on the pictures, i have been using this site forever and a day and still cant figure out how to post pictures. it always tells me the download failed. ??

ill keep trying..
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default crono

was looking on ebay, the 1993 crono european champion buggy kit new only built is listed at 1995.00 wow mabey i shoulnt build the crono kit,
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
Tech Elite
 
hairymuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: moreno valley, ca
Posts: 2,572
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
was looking on ebay, the 1993 crono european champion buggy kit new only built is listed at 1995.00 wow mabey i shoulnt build the crono kit,
yeah is listed at that but will he get that for it? I ran Crono for a number of years...Started with the crono europa..I loved that car!! Wish I could find a decent mugen athlete..That is my all time favorite...The crono sucked because it used a 20mm hub for the wheels,and all others were 17mm
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net