R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Crono SVM ??Piktor?Laro buggys/? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/646194-crono-svm-piktor-laro-buggys.html)

Teamgimpy72 07-15-2012 09:43 PM

Crono SVM ??Piktor?Laro buggys/?

Hello
I recently ran across a "lot" I purchased, one of the buggys in the box was a Crono Expert 2 Team the other was a Piktor, and what is left of a laro diablo

I did some research on them... has anyone else ran these before?

i dont see anyone discussing them?? there from around 1997 -2000 im guessing?

BrakeTurnAccelerate 07-15-2012 11:30 PM

Race buggies tend to vanish from discussion if they are older than the current generation.

Chris Reilly 07-16-2012 05:28 AM

Havn't seen them in so long

Motorman007 07-16-2012 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 (Post 10978321)
Hello
I recently ran across a "lot" I purchased, one of the buggys in the box was a Crono Expert 2 Team the other was a Piktor, and what is left of a laro diablo

I did some research on them... has anyone else ran these before?

i dont see anyone discussing them?? there from around 1997 -2000 im guessing?

I ran Crono it was cool buggy the spur gear was to hard back in the day.

we ran a 50 spur and sometime 52 spur gear and at times it would just chip the teeth off when u hit something hard. The buggy drove good other than the spur.

with a big spur gear you could run a 20 port motor and still have crazy bottom.

Ivano74 07-18-2012 12:41 AM

Hi, I ran a Piktor buggy since 2009. It's a good buggy, maybe a little too heavy if compared to modern cars.
If you're planning to keep using it I suggest you to try the Rush2.2 kit. It's composed by new higher shock towers and 20mm big sized big bore shocks (the same used by GS CLX). You could also need to use the new ackermann bar and steering connecting rods.
You can find them at CPX design. ;)

Teamgimpy72 07-18-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ivano74 (Post 10987307)
Hi, I ran a Piktor buggy since 2009. It's a good buggy, maybe a little too heavy if compared to modern cars.
If you're planning to keep using it I suggest you to try the Rush2.2 kit. It's composed by new higher shock towers and 20mm big sized big bore shocks (the same used by GS CLX). You could also need to use the new ackermann bar and steering connecting rods.
You can find them at CPX design. ;)

I did some research on the buggys i now own. the crono kit is a expert 2 but it is the rally game version. and it has a plastic spur gear UUUUGGG!!

The Piktor has upright suspension "usa version" and came with all the parts to put the suspension back to "lay down" euro style.

This one has not been ran very much as it has a stripped out gear's in the center diff case.

Good new's on the LARO, all the parts were there to put it back together..but only 3 usable wheels...

these car's use the old kyosho (mp5-mp6) style of 20mm hex's in the wheel's...

Any one out there have a extra set of 20mm hex buggy wheels laying around they want to sell ??
Thanks Jesse

yarbroughdesign 07-18-2012 01:16 PM

Best bet is to hang these puppy's on the wall as collectors. Clean them up and post some pics, I know I would love to see what condition they are in.

Teamgimpy72 07-18-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by yarbroughdesign (Post 10989388)
Best bet is to hang these puppy's on the wall as collectors. Clean them up and post some pics, I know I would love to see what condition they are in.

one problem on the pictures, i have been using this site forever and a day and still cant figure out how to post pictures. it always tells me the download failed. ??

ill keep trying..

Teamgimpy72 07-23-2012 12:42 PM

crono

was looking on ebay, the 1993 crono european champion buggy kit new only built is listed at 1995.00 wow mabey i shoulnt build the crono kit,

hairymuffin 07-23-2012 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 (Post 11008021)
was looking on ebay, the 1993 crono european champion buggy kit new only built is listed at 1995.00 wow mabey i shoulnt build the crono kit,

yeah is listed at that but will he get that for it? I ran Crono for a number of years...Started with the crono europa..I loved that car!! Wish I could find a decent mugen athlete..That is my all time favorite...The crono sucked because it used a 20mm hub for the wheels,and all others were 17mm